Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-02.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 09:05:23 +0100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group 
of the IETF.

         Title           : Ultra Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) for
                           transmission of IP datagrams over MPEG-2/DVB 
networks
         Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, B. Collini-Nocker
         Filename        : draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-02.txt
         Pages           : 42
         Date            : 2004-10-7

The MPEG-2 TS has been widely accepted not only for providing
    digital TV services, but also as a subnetwork technology for
    building IP networks. This document describes an Ultra Lightweight
    Encapsulation (ULE) mechanism for the transport of IPv4 and IPv6
    Datagrams and other network protocol packets directly over ISO MPEG-
    2 Transport Streams (TS) as TS Private Data. ULE supports an
    extension format that allows it to carry both optional (with an
    explicit extension length) and mandatory (with an implicit extension
    length) header information to assist in network/Receiver processing
    of a SNDU.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail 
readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-02.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce