Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt (repost)

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:42:08 +0000

By mistake, the announcement below, was not relayed to this list.

This is an individual submission, but does appear to match a WG Charter 
item. Please send comments to the ipdvb mailing list.

Gorry Fairhurst

---

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Address Resolution for IP datagrams over MPEG-2 networks
	Author(s)	: G. Fairhurst, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-10-21
	
This document describes the current mechanisms to bind IPv4/IPv6
      addresses and flows to MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). For MPEG-2
      systems to become true subnetworks of the general Internet,
      methods are required to signal IPv4/v6 addresses to the link
      receivers and transmitters; this is known as Address Resolution
      (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Although AR is often associated
      with Ethernet [RFC803], it is essential to the operation of any
      L2 network. In MPEG-2 networks, address resolution is a three level
      process: the IP address is resolved to a NPA/MAC address, then
      associated with a Packet ID (PID) and finally to a specific
      transmission multiplex. Address resolution complements the higher
      layer resource discovery tools that are used to advertise IP
      sessions. In this document the different mechanisms used for
      address resolution for MPEG-2 are reviewed and their compliance
      to AR requirements established.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.