Subject: MPLS over satellite.

From: James Courtier-Dutton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:19:42 +0000

The use of MPLS to the CPE device on Cable Internet networks seems to
be getting popular now. Are there any special considerations one
should take into account, if one wished to use MPLS over Satellite
networks.
Maybe some bytes could be saved if one included a consideration for
MPLS in the draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-03.txt document.

Kind Regards

James

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:14:42 +0000

In answer to both the question about PPP and MPLS.

The intenetion is to support Internet (IP) protocols over this media, 
including the various tunnel, and other protocol components. the ULE 
Encapsulation supports all IANA EtherTypes:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ethernet-numbers

This includes code-points for MPLS and PPP.

However, there has been no specific discussions on either of these topics on 
this list. If there is a need to specify the precise mapping, or to provide 
recommendations on addressing and/or usage, then this WG list is a good place 
to start this discussion. Please do send comments and/or Internet Drafts on 
these topics for the group to consider.

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:14:42 +0000

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)