Subject: I-D ACTION: draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-04.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:42:35 +0000

For your information, the following draft has been issued. The previous rev. 
of this ID completed WGLC with several issues raised. New text has been 
provided to address these issues, a short WGLC will therefore be opened to 
allow any further comments on the revised document. This will be announced in 
a following email.

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)

----

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Ultra Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE)
                 for transmission of IP datagrams over MPEG-2/DVB networks
         Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, et al.
         Filename        : draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-04.txt

    The MPEG-2 TS has been widely accepted not only for providing
    digital TV services, but also as a subnetwork technology for
    building IP networks. This document describes an Ultra Lightweight
    Encapsulation (ULE) mechanism for the transport of IPv4 and IPv6
    Datagrams and other network protocol packets directly over ISO MPEG-
    2 Transport Streams (TS) as TS Private Data. ULE supports an
    extension format that allows it to carry both optional (with an
    explicit extension length) and mandatory (with an implicit extension
    length) header information to assist in network/Receiver processing
    of a SNDU.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-04".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
Send a message to:
         mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-04".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-04.txt>