Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt (fwd)

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:39:57 +0100

Hi all,

FYI about a new draft on IP Address Configuration for IPDVB.

  Martin

------------ Forwarded Message ------------
Date: Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2005 10:15 Uhr -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement: IP Address Configuration for IPDVB
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling
	Filename	: draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
Future IPDVB networks will require a more powerful IP address
   configuration management as currently provided in such networks.
   Current discussions within the IPDVB working group have shown that
   the future usage scenarios and requirements for dynamic configuration
   of IP addresses are not yet clear defined.  This memo identifies the
   problem space for IP address resolution and configuration in IPDVB
   networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.   You can also visit
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce  to change your
subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:15:56 -0500
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement: IP Address Configuration for IPDVB
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling
	Filename	: draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
Future IPDVB networks will require a more powerful IP address
   configuration management as currently provided in such networks.
   Current discussions within the IPDVB working group have shown that
   the future usage scenarios and requirements for dynamic configuration
   of IP addresses are not yet clear defined.  This memo identifies the
   problem space for IP address resolution and configuration in IPDVB
   networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-ipdvb-config-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:13:43 +0000

Thanks Martin!

This comes at a good time, I'd like to take the discussion of addressing and 
address configuration as a major Agenda item at the next IETF meeting.

Gorry

---

From: "Gorry Fairhurst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:13:43 +0000

Thanks Martin!

Gorry