Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bormann-rohc-over-802-01.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:06:43 +0000

For your info, I have allocated some Agenda time to discuss this ID, and 
specifically to look at the relevence to the ULE encapsulation. Please look at 
it and send comments to the list - or ask at the IETF WG meeting.

Gorry

-----------------------

New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : Robust Header Compression (ROHC) over 802 networks
         Author(s)       : C. Bormann
         Filename        : draft-bormann-rohc-over-802-01.txt
         Pages           : 12
         Date            : 2005-2-23

Various proposals have been submitted to the ROHC working group for
    enabling the use of ROHC [RFC 3095] header compression over Ethernet,
    802.11 and other 802-based links.

    Previous proposals generally suffered from a lack of systems
    perspective on 802 networks.  The present document attempts to supply
    some systems perspective and provides a rough outline for a solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-rohc-over-802-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-bormann-rohc-over-802-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bormann-rohc-over-802-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-rohc-over-802-01.txt>