Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:12:39 +0100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : Address Resolution for IP datagrams over
                           MPEG-2 networks
         Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, et al.
         Filename        : draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt
         Pages           : 17
         Date            : 2005-4-12

This document describes the process of binding/associating IPv4/IPv6
    addresses with MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). This procedure is
    known as Address Resolution (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Such
    address resolution complements the higher layer resource discovery
    tools that are used to advertise IP sessions. In MPEG-2 networks, an
    IP address must be associated with a Packet ID (PID) and a specific
    Transmission Multiplex The document reviews current methods. It also
    describes the interaction with well-known protocols for address
    management including DHCP, ARP, and NDP, and provides guidance on
    usage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt>