Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 07:42:28 +0100

For you information - this revised I-D was produced to address issues raised
as a part of the on-going review by the IESG. It contains some minor
editorial reorganisation, fixed punctuation, and an updated security
considerations section.

Best wishes,
Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)

------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Framework for transmission of IP datagrams over
MPEG-2 
                          Networks
        Author(s)       : M. Montpetit, et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt
        Pages           : 39
        Date            : 2005-5-2
        
This document describes an architecture for the transport of IP
    Datagrams over ISO MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). The MPEG-2 TS has
    has been widely accepted not only for providing digital TV services
    but also as a subnetwork technology for building IP networks.
    Examples of systems using MPEG-2 include the Digital Video
    Broadcast (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC)
    Standards for Digital Television.
       
    The document identifies the need for a set of Internet standards
    defining the interface between the MPEG-2 Transport Stream and an
    IP subnetwork. It suggests a new encapsulation method for IP
    datagrams and proposes protocols to perform IPv6/IPv4 address
    resolution, to associate IP packets with the properties of the
    Logical Channels provided by an MPEG-2 TS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt>