Subject: ipdvb WG has adopted draft: draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:46:41 +0100

This email completes the period of WG Call to Adopt the I-D below.

11 Responses were received during this call (1 direct to the chair).

All these responses moved to adopt the document as a WG Draft.

The present authors are therefore asked to update the Internet Draft
to account for comments received and a new revised draft is expected to be 
issued by 1-June-12005. The new draft will named draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-00.txt.

The new I-D will be a WG draft, intended for publication as an RFC (under the 
current 3rd item in the ipdvb Charter). **ALL** inputs to help improve the 
document are therfore very welcome - including what extra should be added, 
what should be reworked, corrected, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read this document,

  Best wishes,

  Gorry Fairhurst
  (ipdvb WG Chair)

----

           Title           : Address Resolution for IP datagrams over
                             MPEG-2 networks
           Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, et al.
           Filename        : draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-04.txt
           Pages           : 17
           Date            : 2005-4-12

      This document describes the process of binding/associating IPv4/IPv6
      addresses with MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). This procedure is
      known as Address Resolution (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Such
      address resolution complements the higher layer resource discovery
      tools that are used to advertise IP sessions. In MPEG-2 networks, an
      IP address must be associated with a Packet ID (PID) and a specific
      Transmission Multiplex The document reviews current methods. It also
      describes the interaction with well-known protocols for address
      management including DHCP, ARP, and NDP, and provides guidance on
      usage.

---

From: Harald Skinnemoen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:55:12 +0200

Dear All,

please find below a link to the Call for Papers for the 1st DVB-RCS
Symposium, taking place at ESA/ESTEC on the 8th-9th September 2005.

The event is free of charge to attend. I encourage your paper submissions,
in particular on practical systems and experiences with DVB-RCS.

Best regards,

/Harald Skinnemoen

http://satlabs.org/pdf/DVB-RCS_Symposium_Call_for_Papers_-_Final.pdf