Subject: regarding DVB-H

From: raj kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:25:59 +0530

Hello everybody

I am new to DVB-H..I am reading the dvb-h standard.I have few queries:

1) What is the motivation for ip datacasting of audio,video and other
form of data in dvb-h?As far as i understand the main challenge for
DVB-H was to solve signal problem and battery problem? which were
taken care by introducing MPE-FEC(Forward Error Correction) and
Time-Slicing respectively.

2)In the DVB-T standard,the general approach to get elementary stream
at the receiver side was as follows:
 To find the TS having PID-0 ie.TS containg PAT table.
 To find the PMT PID's from the PAT table
 To get the elementary stream PID's and informations from the Program Map Table.
 To filter out the needed audio, video streams

What is the general approach to get elementary stream in case of
DVB-H? What are the issues involved?
 
Thanks and regards,
Raju