Subject: REPOST: I-D ACTION:draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-00.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:00:07 +0100

The following draft has been submitted as an individual submission to the 
IETF. This topic seems like it may be appropriate to this working group, and I 
propose to assign some agenda time to discuss this topic at the IETF ipdvb WG 
meeting, next week.

Thoughts and comments are welcome both to this list and at the meeting on the 
whether this work is appropriate, timely, and whether the methods propoposed 
are suitable.

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)

---

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : Requirements for transmission of IP datagrams over 
DVB-S.2
         Author(s)       : J. Cantillo, et al.
         Filename        : draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-00.txt
         Pages           : 9
         Date            : 2005-7-19

    This document contains requirements for a framework for transport of
    IP Datagrams over the second generation of DVB-S, namely DVB-S.2,
    recently specified by standards published by the European
    Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI).  DVB-S.2 is optimized
    for broadband satellite applications such digital television,
    Internet access or data content distribution.

    The document identifies the requirements for the definition of a set
    of network protocols to standardise the interface between the DVB-S.2
    streams (Transport Stream and Generic Stream) and an IP subnetwork.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-00.txt>