Subject: Adding ULE into a network already using MPE...

From: John Border <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:32:03 -0400

Has anyone looked at the operational problems associated with adding 
ULE use to a network which has some deployed terminals which only 
understand MPE?

John

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:20:01 +0200

Dear Presenters,

Thank you to those who presented and/or attended at the ipdvb meeting this
morning. We had 49 attendees at the meeting and from where I was looking, we
covered the Agenda. Minutes will be issued (when the note-taker has done the
appropriate work).

If you made a presentation, and updated your slides from what was sent to
the draft agenda, PLEASE DO send me the updates by 16th August, and I'll
upload to the web site and also the IETF meeting proceedings.

Draft slides will continue to be at:
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/ipdvb/meetings/IETF-63-Paris-August-2005/

Gorry

---

From: John Border <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:34:51 -0400

I can understand why it is desirable to be able to carry non-IP 
traffic.  But, I would prefer to get a solution for security that 
supports IP over DVB even if it doesn't support non-IP protocols than to 
not have a solution.  Is there a compelling reason to include securing 
non-IP traffic in the problem space right now?

John