Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-02.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:54:42 +0000

For the archive, here's the official announcement.  If you are 
interested in taking this work forward, do send questions or comments to 
the list.

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst

---

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Design Rationale for Providing IP Services Over DVB-S2 Links
	Author(s)	: J. Cantillo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-11-29
	
This document describes a framework for the transmission of IP
    datagrams over DVB-S2, the second generation standard for Digital
    Video Broadcasting over Satellite.  The new standard features an
    improved and adaptive physical layer, as well as a new framing
    structure at link level, the Generic Streams.  Combined use of
    adaptability and Generic Streams is expected to offer throughputs
    never achieved for IP services up to now, but no standard way to
    carry IP data using the specific features of DVB-S2 has been defined
    yet.  The present document analyzes these issues, and it identifies
    the requirements for the definition of a standard interface between
    the DVB-S2 link layer and an IP subnetwork.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-02.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce