Subject: [IEEE ICC'06] CFP for IPBN 2006 Workshop

From: "Charalabos Skianis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:56:27 +0200

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
 
*********************************************************************
IPBN 2006 - CALL FOR PAPERS
 
1st Workshop on IP over Broadcasting Networks (IPBN)
 
ICC 2006 Headquarter Hotel
Istanbul, Turkey
Thursday, 15 June, 2006
 
In conjunction with the
2006 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2006),
Istanbul, Turkey, 11 - 15 June 2006

http://www.icc2006.org/index/workshop.html 
*********************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES
    Full papers due:    March 10th, 2006
    Notification:       April 1st, 2006
    Camera Ready due:   April 10th, 2006

Scope of IPBN 2006:
===================
 
Present and future generation networks are offered as a combination of
highly diversified technologies in the access, backhaul and core (e.g.,
wireless, mobile, fixed lines) enabling provision of heterogeneous
services. To achieve interworking, IP arises as a key element for the
realisation of a unified/fusion environment which enables the
convergence/synergy between traditional and emerging technologies
offering ubiquitous services to a variety of end users. Along those
lines, a notion of convergence is lately achieved between the intrinsic
technologically different Telecommunications and Broadcasting sectors.
This convergence, witnessed both at technological and service levels, is
mainly empowered by the evolution of broadcasting standards (DxB, ISDB,
ATSC), the recent advances in fixed and mobile telecommunication
technologies (xDLS, FTH, GSM/GPRS/UMTS, WLAN, WPAN), and by the progress
in the field of 'Interactive Broadcasting'. A broadcasting platform is
not only seen as a medium to broadcast 'bouquets' of TV programs to a
large number of viewers distributed over large geographical areas; its
intrinsic characteristic to combine TV programs and IP services into the
same transport stream, along with the large coverage area and the high
bit rate capabilities, allow broadcasting platforms to constitute
networking infrastructures, able to act both as an access network and a
backhaul interconnecting distribution nodes, which provide connectivity
to end-users via various types of access networks (e.g., GSM/GPRS/UMTS,
WLAN, WPAN, xDSL).
 
The aim of this workshop is to attract state-of-the-art material in the
field of highly diversified networks and systems where IP is the common
core technology, acting as the 'gluing' factor, with specific focus
given to Broadcasting Networks. Areas of interest include, but are not
limited to:
 
* DxB, ISDB, ATSC broadcast networks
* Convergence of 3G/WLAN/WPAN and broadcast networks
* Management of heterogeneous systems
* Architectural and design aspects
* Cross system optimization
* Cross layer interoperability
* Interactive broadcasting
* Service and applications
* Mobility, security and Quality of Service provisioning
* Reliability, survivability, and resilience
* Business aspects and standardisation activities
* Legalisation and spectrum dividend
* Spectrum management
 
Submission Information:
=======================
Papers must be written in English. Maximum paper length is 8 pages. As a
visual aid for formatting authors should use the sample manuscript found
at
http://www.ieee.org/organizations/pubs/confpub/auxfiles/sample_manuscrip
t.pdf. IEEE editorial and typographical standards are described in
"Information for IEEE Authors" by the IEEE Publications Department. 
Authors are invited to submit their full papers (pdf or postscript
format) by email to the workshop chair at [email-masked].
 
Submitted works are to be considered for publication at the forthcoming
Special Issue on 'IP over Broadcasting Networks' at the 'Computer
Networks' journal (Elsevier Science).
 
Workshop Chair:
==============
Charalabos Skianis, NCSR 'Demokritos'
 
TPC Co-Chairs:
==============
Georgios Kormentzas, University of the Aegean
Evangelos Pallis, Centre of Technological Research of Crete