Subject: SecPri_MobiWi 2006 Workshop (in conjunction with IFIP NETWORKING 2006)

From: "Charalabos Skianis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:36:46 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------
[Apologies for multiple copies of this announcement]
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS
 
WORKSHOP ON SECURITY AND PRIVACY IN MOBILE AND WIRELESS NETWORKING
(SecPri_MobiWi 2006)
Coimbra, Portugal, May 19, 2006
 
In conjunction with IFIP NETWORKING 2006 (http://www.ifip-networking.org
<http://www.ifip-networking.org/> )
------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
-- Submission of papers:            February 24, 2006
-- Notification of acceptance:      March 20, 2006
-- Camera-ready due:                April 1, 2006
-- SecPri_MobiWi workshop:          May 19, 2006
 
Aims and Scope
Mobile and Wireless communication networks offer organizations and users
several benefits, such as portability, mobility and flexibility, while
increasing everyday business productivity, and reducing installation
cost. Wireless Local Area Networks, for instance, have been used in
various environments, such as business, home, conference centers,
airports and many more, allowing users to move from place to place,
avoiding cabling restrictions and without being disconnected from the
network. Ad Hoc Networks are collections of wireless computers
communicating among themselves over possibly multihop paths, without the
help of any infrastructure such as base stations or access points; these
networks allow data synchronization with network systems and application
sharing between devices. Mobile Ad Hoc Networks are autonomous
collection of mobile entities that communicate over relatively bandwidth
constrained wireless links, establishing survivable, efficient, dynamic
communication for emergency operations. Wireless Ad Hoc Sensor Networks
consist of a number of sensors spread across a geographical area,
offering certain capabilities and enhancements in operational efficiency
in civilian applications, as well as assisting in international effort
to increase alertness to potential threats. 
However, although Mobile and Wireless Networking environments eliminate
many of the problems associated with traditional wired networks, the new
security and privacy risks introduced by such environments need to be
reduced by exploiting appropriate security measures and safeguards,
ensuring an acceptable level of overall residual hazard. 
The objectives of the SecPri_MobiWi 2006 Workshop are to bring together
researchers from research communities in Mobile and Wireless Networking,
Security and Privacy, with the goal of fostering interaction.
 
List of topics
We welcome the submission of papers from the full spectrum of issues
related with Security and Privacy in Mobile and Wireless Networking.
Papers may focus on protocols, architectures, methods, technologies,
applications, practical experiences, simulation results and analysis,
theory and validation on topics include, but not limited to:
* Cryptographic Protocols for Mobile and Wireless Networks
* Key Management in Mobile and Wireless Computing 
* Reasoning about Security and Privacy
* Privacy and Anonymity in Mobile and Wireless Computing
* Public Key Infrastructure in Mobile and Wireless Environments
* Economics of Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile environments 
* Security Architectures and Protocols in Wireless LANs
* Security Architectures and Protocols in B3G/4G Mobile Networks
* Security and Privacy features into Mobile and Wearable devices 
* Location Privacy
* Ad hoc Networks Security 
* Sensor Networks Security
* Wireless Ad Hoc Networks Security
* Role of Sensors to Enable Security
* Security and Privacy in Pervasive Computing 
* Trust Establishment, Negotiation, and Management 
* Secure PHY/MAC/routing protocols 
* Security under Resource Constraints (bandwidth, memory, energy, and
computation constraints)
 
SecPri_MobiWi 2006 Workshop Program co-Chairs
 
Stefanos Gritzalis, University of the Aegean, Greece ([email-masked])
Angelos Rouskas, University of the Aegean, Greece ([email-masked])
Charalabos Skianis, NCSR 'Demokritos', Greece
([email-masked])
 
SecPri_MobiWi 2006 Workshop Program Committee 
(to be determined)
 
Paper Submission and Proceedings
The SecPri_MobiWi 2006 workshop welcomes original papers from academic,
government, and industry contributors dealing with the above or related
issues. Papers, which describe ongoing research or provide an excellent
surveying work, are welcome too. All submissions will be subjected to a
thorough review by at least three reviewers. Submitted papers should be
up to 6.000 words in English, including tables, figures, bibliography
and well-marked appendices. The paper must start with a title, paper's
author(s) affiliations, a short abstract, and a list of keywords
following the template indicated by Springer LNCS Series
http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html. Following the IFIP
NETWORKING 2006 procedures, papers must be submitted electronically. The
cover page must contain an abstract of about 150 words, 3-5 keywords,
name and affiliation of author(s) as well as the corresponding author's
email and postal address. Following the IFIP NETWORKING 2006 procedures,
papers must be submitted electronically using the following link:
http://www.ifip-networking.org <http://www.ifip-networking.org/> .
Problems related with paper submission should be reported to
[email-masked]. Accepted papers will be published in the
SecPri_MobiWi 2006 Proceedings and will be distributed to the workshop
attendees. The best papers of the SecPri_MobiWi 2006 will also be
considered publication for a limited Book and/or special issue Journal
edition. At least one author of each accepted paper is required to
register at the IFIP Networking 2006 Conference and present the paper at
the Workshop.