Subject: RFC RFC4326 on Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE)

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:01:38 +0000

Here is a copy of a new RFC announcement for those who may have missed 
it over the vacation!

Thanks to all who contributed text, comments and help with making this 
happen.

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst
(IETF ipdvb WG Chair)

----

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 4326

         Title:      Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) for
                     Transmission of IP Datagrams over an MPEG-2
                     Transport Stream (TS)
         Author(s):  G. Fairhurst, B. Collini-Nocker
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       December 2005
         Mailbox:    gorry at erg.abdn.ac.uk, bnocker at cosy.sbg.ac.at
         Pages:      42
         Characters: 95422
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-06.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4326.txt

The MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) has been widely accepted not only
for providing digital TV services, but also as a subnetwork
technology for building IP networks.

This document describes a Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation
(ULE) mechanism for the transport of IPv4 and IPv6 Datagrams and
other network protocol packets directly over the ISO MPEG-2
Transport Stream as TS Private Data.  ULE specifies a base
encapsulation format and supports an extension format that allows it
to carry additional header information to assist in network/Receiver
processing.

This document is a product of the IP Over DVB Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to IETF-REQUEST at IETF.ORG.  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to RFC-DIST-REQUEST at RFC-EDITOR.ORG.

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to rfc-info at RFC-EDITOR.ORG with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

         To: rfc-info at RFC-EDITOR.ORG
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to RFC-Manager at RFC-EDITOR.ORG. 
Unless specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
RFC-EDITOR at RFC-EDITOR.ORG.  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to 
RFC Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc4326.txt>