Subject: Updated text for draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-04.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:48:19 +0100

After discussion with an author of [ID-ND-PROXY], the following changes 
are requested...

In section 5.4, draft -04 says:
"Equivalent methods could provide IPv6 AR. Procedures for intercepting 
ND messages are defined in [ID-ND-PROXY]. To perform an AR Server 
function, the AR information must also be cached. Interactions with SEND 
are described in [ID-SP-ND]."

1) Add text following this on consistency issue:
"The consistency of the cache also needs to be considered when the 
network topology changes (e.g. IP mobility) or there is intermittent 
connectivity. In these cases old (stale) information can result in IP 
packets being directed to an invalid L2 address. Methods also need to 
provided purge stale AR data from the cache."

2) Replace [ID-ND-PROXY] with citation to [RFC4389]

Gorry Fairhurst
(as Author)

ipdvb