Subject: Re: RFC 4326 errata (ULE)

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:14:00 +0100

Hello RFC Editor!

I have some errata to report for RFC 4326.  See below.

Thanks very much for your work!

Gorry Fairhurst

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several errors have been reported to the authors in RFC 4326.

Page 10: Section 4.1
- Length field description refers to a 16-bit value.
Source: Bernhard Collini-Nocker, 15th February 2006
OLD:
"The most significant bit of the Length field carries the value of the 
Destination Address Absent Field, the D-bit"
NEW:
"The most significant bit of the first byte of the SNDU base header 
carries the value of the Destination Address Absent Field, the D-bit"
Example A.2

Page 26: Section 7.2. Processing of a Received SNDU
- Usage of last byte in a TS-Packet.
Source: Bernhard Collini-Nocker & Gorry Fairhurst, 15th February 2006
OLD:
“When in the Reassembly State, the Receiver reads a 2-byte SNDU Length 
field from the TS Packet payload. If the value is less than or equal to 
4, or equal to 0xFFFF, the Receiver discards the Current SNDU and”
NEW:
“When in the Reassembly State, the Receiver reads the first two bytes 
from the TS Packet payload. This value forms the first 2 bytes of the 
SNDU base header, which is a combination of the D-bit and the 
SNDU-Length. If the combined value is less than or equal to 4, or equal 
to 0xFFFF (i.e. D=1 and SNDU Length = 32768), the Receiver MUST discard 
the Current SNDU and”

Page 36: Example A.2
- Misrepresentation of hex byte in example, Change /0x65/0xB5/
Source: Karsten Siebert, 26th February 2006
OLD:
| HDR | 0x00 | 0x00 | 0xB1 | ... | C180 | 0x00 | 0x65 |
NEW:
| HDR | 0x00 | 0x00 | 0xB1 | ... | C180 | 0x00 | 0xB5 |