Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:22:04 +0100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Address Resolution Mechanisms for IP Datagrams over MPEG-2 
Networks
	Author(s)	: G. Fairhurst, M. Montpetit
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2006-8-24
	
This document describes the process of binding/associating IPv4/IPv6
addresses with MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). This procedure is
known as Address Resolution (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Such
address resolution complements the higher layer resource discovery
tools that are used to advertise IP sessions.

In MPEG-2 Networks, an IP address must be associated with a Packet
ID (PID) value and a specific Transmission Multiplex. The document
reviews current methods appropriate to a range of technologies (DVB,
ATSC, DOCSIS, and variants). It also describes the interaction with
well-known protocols for address management including DHCP, ARP, and
the ND protocol, and provides guidance on usage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt>