Subject: Re-Charter Discussion for ipdvb.

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:42:45 +0000

Dear ipdvb WG,

We are now reaching towards the end of the current charter for this WG. 
Our options are to either complete the current work and close this WG, 
or to propose a new Charter for 2007. At the last IETF meeting in San 
Diego, several topics were raised as potential WG items that were 
outside the current WG Charter, and that could be suitable for 
re-chartering.

The currently proposed changes include:

* Removal of the WG deliverable defining a new IP Address Resolution 
(AR) protocol - current comments suggest there is no consensus to 
progress this work item, and energy was instead devoted to completion of 
the informational draft, now with the IESG.

* Addition of a WG deliverable to define a set of extension headers for 
ULE that would allow convergence with the Generic Stream Encapsulation 
(GSE) currently being defined by the DVB Technical Module.

* Addition of a WG deliverable to define security extension headers for 
ULE - subject to progression of the ULE Security Requirements draft.

* Addition of work items to define a set of documents defining a 
framework and profiles that enable ULE and GSE to support header 
compression.

This email starts an open call for ideas. Comments and feedback on the 
above proposals are welcome, specifically, are there issues that should 
not be addressed? Are there topics that should also be included? Would 
anyone be willing to work to define the scope of any of these proposals 
in a form that could be suitable for submission to the WG and IESG?

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)