Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-02.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:01:15 +0100

Dear ipdvb list,

Here is an updated copy of the security requirements document. The authors
tell me that this includes text in response to the issues raised on the list
and the discussions in the last ipdvb WG meeting.

Please read and do send any comments/questions that you may have to the
list. We are particularly interested in knowing if anything is missing or
should be added to the document.

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)
 
-----

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

    Title        : Security requirements for the Unidirectional Lightweight
Encapsulation (ULE) protocol
    Author(s)    : H. Cruickshank, et al.
    Filename    : draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-02.txt
    Pages        : 26
    Date        : 2007-5-9
    
The MPEG-2 standard defined by ISO 13818-1 [ISO-MPEG2] supports a
       range of transmission methods for a range of services. This
       document provides a threat analysis and derives the security
       requirements when using the Transport Stream, TS, to support an
       Internet network-layer using Unidirectional Lightweight
       Encapsulation (ULE) [RFC4326]. The document also provides the
       motivation for link-layer security for a ULE Stream. A ULE Stream
may be used to send IPv4 packets, IPv6 packets, and other
       Protocol Data Units (PDUs) to an arbitrarily large number of
       Receivers supporting unicast and/or multicast transmission.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
    mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
    "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-02.txt".
    
NOTE:    The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
    MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
    feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
    command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
    a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
    exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
    "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
    up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
    how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-02.txt>