Subject: ipdvb status update December 2007

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 10:07:03 -0800

We did not request a meeting slot at IETF-70 (since the documents mostly
do not require WG discussion this time). So here instead is a brief
update on current activities.

1) ULE Security Requirements
     This document completed a review by DVB, a WGLC and a secdir review.

The document was revised following the WGLC and is now being revised by
the authors following the secdir comments. The new draft should provide
a stronger more clear requirements section.

2) Extension Header Formats

This document completed a review by DVB and a WGLC.
The document has been submitted to the IESG by the WG Sectary
(Martin will be the document Shepherd).

3) DVB-RCS MIB
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ipdvb/draft-combes-ipdvb-mib-rcs-01.txt

I reviewed this, and suggested various places where things could be
improved, and more work was needed. The authors now have a version of
the RCS MIB that they would like guidance upon whether this seems like
it is in a good format. My understanding is that the authors intend to
freeze this specification (updated with any feedback) until 1Q2008, and
then perform some implementation work. They then plan to update this and
submit to our AD for a formal MIB Doctor review.

4) Security Extension Header
There are two known implementations of variants of the Spec, - one in a
test platform, one in a product. There is work on an open-source client.
There is renewed interest to progress the draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ipdvb/draft-cruickshank-ipdvb-sec-03.txt
This work depends upon the succesful completion of (2).

5) We revised some of the milestone dates to:

Dec 2007  Submit ULE Security Requirements to IESG
Dec 2007  Progress the Encapsulation RFC along the IETF standards track
Nov 2007  Submit Extension Header Formats to IESG for publication as PS

Martin and I will be meeting this week to discuss progress, issues and
any new work of which we are aware.  If you would like to meet us, find
out more, or tell us any ipdvb news, please be sure to get in touch.

We'd love to hear from you

Gorry & Martin
(ipdvb WG Chair)
-------------------------------

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:10:52 -0800

There are two updates to this list (thanks michael and stephane for 
noting this).

In (2) revision draft-combes-ipdvb-mib-rcs-02.txt has recently been 
submitted and will be published by the end of this week.

In (4) I forgot to include a URL to the second draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-noisternig-ipdvb-ulesec-00.txt

Best wishes,

Gorry