Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-07

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:37:05 +0100

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-07.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Michael Noisternig and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Security requirements for the Unidirectional Lightweight 
Encapsulation (ULE) protocol
Creation_date:	 2008-06-17
WG ID:		 ipdvb
Number_of_pages: 29

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req

Abstract:
The MPEG-2 standard defined by ISO 13818-1 supports a range of
transmission methods for a range of services. This document
provides a threat analysis and derives the security requirements
when using the Transport Stream, TS, to support an Internet
network-layer using Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation
(ULE) defined in RFC4326. The document also provides the
motivation for link-layer security for a ULE Stream. A ULE Stream

  may be used to send IPv4 packets, IPv6 packets, and other
Protocol Data Units (PDUs) to an arbitrarily large number of
Receivers supporting unicast and/or multicast transmission.

The analysis also describes applicability to the Generic Stream
Encapsulation (GSE) defined by the Digital Video Broadcasting
(DVB) Project.

The IETF Secretariat.