Subject: Re: Call for Agenda Items for IPDVB WG meeting in week July 26-31, 2009

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:30:22 +0300

Are there any other responses? I have only seen one.

My understanding is that activities in the IP over DVB space are picking 
up a little and people are talking about GSE and other things. Do these 
activities warrant some IETF work as well and/or can the IETF be of use 
in this space?

After the Stockholm meeting we will be making decision about the future 
of the working group and possible new work items. That decision will be 
primarily based on the interest from the community -- you -- to do work. 
Therefore it is essential that if you think that work should (or should 
not) get done, you let us know!

Thanks,

Jari

---

From: Michael Noisternig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:08:02 +0200

We, the authors of the security requirements document, are very 
interested in continuing our work on a security extension for ULE, which 
will also be applicable to GSE. We plan to come up with a joint draft on 
this, which we hope to get accepted as a work item in the WG.

Thank you, regards,
Michael

---

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:27:01 -0400

I agree. And I think new work items should address both convergence of  
services and the emergence of media-centric networks.

/mjm
On Jun 3, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Jari Arkko wrote:

> My understanding is that activities in the IP over DVB space are  
> picking up a little and people are talking about GSE and other  
> things. Do these activities warrant some IETF work as well and/or  
> can the IETF be of use in this space?
>
> After the Stockholm meeting we will be making decision about the  
> future of the working group and possible new work items. That  
> decision will be primarily based on the interest from the community  
> -- you -- to do work. Therefore it is essential that if you think  
> that work should (or should not) get done, you let us know!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jari
>

Marie-Jose Montpetit
[email-masked]