Subject: [PSATS2012] - Paper Submission deadline extended

From: "Prashant Pillai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:35:40 +0100

=========================================================================

4th International ICST Conference on Personal Satellite Services

22nd – 23rd March 2012

Bradford, United Kingdom

www.psats.eu

=========================================================================

Important Dates

Extended Deadline for Paper Submission: 7th November 2011

Paper Acceptance: 15th December 2011

Camera Ready Paper: 31st January 2012

Call For Papers 

The next generation satellite services will cater the demands of personal
services by bringing the satellite terminals directly to the hands of the
user hence providing satellite personal services directly to the user.
Technological advances in satellite communications have made it possible to
bring such value added satellite services directly to the user by reducing
the overall cost as well as addressing many technological challenges such as
achieving mobility, having miniaturized antennas and terminal sizes, and
providing high data rate links. With the unique broadcast nature and
ubiquitous coverage of satellite networks, the synergy between satellite and
terrestrial networks provides immense opportunities for disseminating
wideband multimedia services to a wide range of audiences over large numbers
of geographically dispersed people. It is evident that the satellite will
play a complementary, but essential, role in delivering multimedia and
telecommunication services to infrastructure-less region where the
terrestrial high-bandwidth communication infrastructures are practically
unreachable. In such a context we introduce a new category claimed to be
defined as Personal Satellite Services (PSATS) by means of extending the
satellite services directly to the user for personal services such as
communications, multimedia and location identification. Such opportunities
are also currently fueling accelerated research in PSATS enabled systems
which we cover in this conference. The services enabled by PSATS not only
cover the requirements of an ordinary citizen but also provide defense
personal services such as tracking, visualization and virtualization in a
highly secure communication environment.

The conference will explore such techniques, and aims to serve as a premier
international forum for discussions, bringing together academic and
industrial researchers, practitioners, and students interested in future
techniques relating to the satellite communications, networking, technology,
systems and applications.

The conference will consist of diverse technical tracks:

General Track

- Satellite antenna designs, modulation and coding

- Synchronization, equalization and channel estimation

- Channel modeling for satellite communications

- MIMO communications for satellites

- Interference detection and mitigation techniques

- DVB and broadband access technologies

- Networking topologies for broadband over satellite links

- IP over satellite and QoS support

- Reliable multicast protocols, transport protocol over satellite

- Onboard switching and processing Delay tolerant networking

- Radio resource management and packet scheduling

- Power control, hand-over issues and call admission control

- Emerging standardizations and issues

- Satellite navigation systems, services and tracking

- Real-time multimedia streaming, broadcast/multicasting

- QoS and RRM in the integrated satellite-WSN architecture

- Security related issues of satellite communications

Value added services and future systems

- Voice, broadband Internet, DVB, positioning

- Infrastructure and network management

- IP over satellite and heterogeneous networks

- Quality of Service (QoS) issues

- Ka-band and emerging frequency bands

- Earth observation

- Emergency service assistance

Convergence of Satellite System and Emerging Technologies

- Convergence with Terrestrial, Wireless Access, and Sensor Networks

- Cooperative/distributed network architectures

- Quantum satellite communications

- Convergence with optical networks

Special Session on Satellite Technologies for Cloud-based Services

Special session on Satellites for Aeronautical Communications

Confirmed Keynote Speaker: Dr. Surendra Pal, Professor & Senior Adviser,
Satellite Navigation, Indian Space Research Organisation, India.

Regular and invited papers are allowed up to 6 pages with an absolute
maximum of 8 pages, including all figures, tables and references. Papers
must be formatted using Springer LNICST Authors' Kit. The paper submission
system is now open. Please visit www.psats.eu for more details on submission
guidelines. 

Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series and will
appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that
covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in the ICST's own EU
Digital Library (EUDL). LNICST volumes are submitted for inclusion to
leading indexing services, including DBLP, Google Scholar, ACM Digital
Library, ISI Proceedings, EI Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus.

------------------------------------------------

PSATS 2012 Organising Committee 

General Chairs

Dr Prashant Pillai (University of Bradford, UK)

Prof Rajeev Shorey (NIIT University, India)

TPC Chairs 

Dr Erina Ferro (ISTI-CNR, Pisa, Italy)

Dr Neeli R. Prasad (Aalborg University, Denmark)

Steering Committee

Prof Imrich Chlamtac (Create-Net, Italy)

Dr Kandeepan Sithamparanathan (RMIT, Australia)

Mr Agnelli Stefano (ESOA/Eutelsat, France)

Prof Mario Marchese (University of Genoa, Italy)

Advisory Committee

Dr Giovanni Giambene (University of Siena, Italy)

Prof Fun Hu (University of Bradford, UK)

Dr Vinod Kumar (Alcatel-Lucent, France)

Industrial Chair 

Mr Paul Febvre (Inmarsat, United Kingdom)

Publicity Chair

Dr Tomaso De Cola (German Aerospace Center DLR, Germany)

Publications Chair

Dr Constantinos T. Angelis (TEIE, Greece)

Exhibition Chair

Dr Ana Yun Garcia (Thales Alenia Space, Spain) 

Local Organising Chairs

Dr Yongqiang Cheng (University of Bradford, UK)

Dr Kai Xu (University of Bradford, UK)

Conference Coordinators

Ms Aza Swedin (EAI, Italy)

Website Chair

Dr Kostas Kotsopoulos (University of Bradford, UK)

Technical Program Commitee

Dr Roberto Di Pietro (University of Rome, Italy)

Prof Gorry Fairhurst (University of Aberdeen, UK)

Dr Anand Prasad (NEC Corporation, Japan)

Prof Carlo Caini (University of Bologna, Italy)

Dr Matteo Berioli (German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany)

Dr Alberto Gotta (ISTI-CNR, Italy)

Dr Raffeallo Secchi (University of Aberdeen, UK)

Prof Laurent Franck (Télécom Bretagne, France)

Prof Franco Davoli (CNIT, Italy)

Dr Paolo Barsocchi (ISTI-CNR, Italy)

Dr Petia Todorova (Fraunhofer Institut FOKUS, Germany)

Dr Carles Fernandez-Prades (CTTC, Spain)

Dr Gabriele Oligeri (ISTI-CNR, Italy)

Dr Ajay Kulkarni (Cisco Systems, USA)

Dr Marco Cello (University of Genoa, Italy)

Dr Alexey Vinel (SPIIRAS, Russia)

Prof Fabio Dovis (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)

Prof Igor Kotenko (SPIIRAS, Russia)

Dr Alban Duverdier (CNES, France)

Dr Cesare Roseti (University of Rome, Italy)

Dr Anton Donner (German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany)

Dr Bernhard Collini-Nocker (University of Salzburg, Austria)

Dr Aaditeshwar Seth (IIT Delhi, India)

Prof Fun Hu (University of Bradford, UK)

Dr Athanasios Panagopoulos (ICCS-NTUA, Greece)

Dr Nedo Celandroni (ISTI-CNR, Italy)

Prof Michele Luglio (University of Roma2, Italy)

Dr Haitham Cruickshank (University of Surrey, UK)

Prof Maria Luisa Merani (University of Modena & Reggio Emilia, Italy)

Dr Philip A. Dafesh (The Aerospace Corporation, USA)

------------------------------------------------------