Subject: Re: RE: SNIA recommendations for changes to the FC Mgmt MIB

From: "steven blumenau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:26:18 -0400

Jeremy,
I had the same question as Gavin. Also, the subject of the email was
"SNIA recommendations...". Is this all the feedback from the SNIA on the
newest rev ?
thanks
Steve
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Original Message - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
From: "Gavin Bowlby" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: SNIA recommendations for changes to the FC Mgmt MIB
Date: 07/12/99 19:56

Jeremy:

What do you see as the differences between:

connUnitType = storage-device(9), -- disk,cd,tape,etc

connUnitType = storage-subsystem(11), -- raid, library, etc

and your proposed value:

connUnitType = storage-access-device (14)

?

thanks,
Gavin Bowlby
Gadzoox Networks

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Swift [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 1999 3:15 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: SNIA recommendations for changes to the FC Mgmt MIB

I would like to make the following recommendation for changes to the
Fibre Channel Management MIB:

Add the following enumeration:

connUnitType
    storage-access-device (14)

--
Jeremy Swift                http://www.storagetek.com
Software Development        Phone: (612) 391-1241
StorageTek: SNBG                   (800) 328-9108 ext. 1241
[email-masked] Fax:   (612) 391-1095

---

From: Jeremy Swift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:27:34 -0500

No... this is just my recommendation to add to the next list of
recommendations from SNIA.  Sorry about that.

Due to NDA, I cannot fully explain my reasons behind wanting this
enumeration. I can say that the product does not fit either a
"storage-device" or a "storage-subsystem," but it is a device that does
exactly what the enumeration label says.

Also, I don't think that this is the only product that will fall under this
enumeration.  I am sure that other upcoming products (not from StorageTek)
will fit as well...

-Jeremy

---

From: "Marjorie Krueger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:50:11 -0700

Without violating NDA, could you describe some general things about the device?  Just to make
sure it doesn't fit any of the other enumerations already defined?

Thanks,
Marjorie Krueger
Vixel Corporation