Subject: RE: [ipfix] Comments on 'goals of IPFX WG'

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:24:46 -0500

Hello Ganesh,

See my inline comments.

>
>I agree with you to this point. The question I have is to what extent
>does the IPFIX arch. focus on moving the method of flow selection and
>relationship between the different collected types of flows w.r.t an
>observation point to the collector? The collector needs this 
>information
>in order to interpret the flow data it receives.
>

Architecture should describe entities ( like collector etc ) what was already defined in the IPFIX requirement document in the form of a big-picture. The requirement document has covered both architectural requirement and protocol requirements, in the IPFIX arch.document we can explicitly describe bring out  and explain the  architecture. Apart from this we can describe the different scenarios and can state what is the scope of the IPFIX.

Regards
Ramg

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/