Subject: [ipfix] new aliases for IPFIX mailing list

From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 22:23:33 -0600

IPFIX folks,

As we work on the Architecture and Data Model efforts, we'll primarily
continue to use the one public IPFIX mailing list so that everyone can
participate and stay informed.

However, I've created new aliases for the existing IPFIX mailing list
which will cause the message Subject to be tagged appropriately for
each of those those efforts, e.g. "[ipfix-req]", "[ipfix-arch]", or
"[ipfix-data]".

This was just an idea of mine, but I think it could help us to focus
attention on particular threads of discussion in our areas of
interest.

Of course, email to "[email-masked]" will go to the list, just
as it has in the past.

Dave

P.S. The aliases are described here:

   http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/#Mailing_List_Aliases_Convention

and below:

  Mailing List Aliases, Conventions, and Policies

    There is only one IPFIX mailing list. General messages can be
    posted to the list by directing them to:

       [email-masked]

    However, because there are multiple efforts to prepare multiple
    documents within the IPFIX WG, there are multiple "entry points"
    which are simply aliases for that same list. The sole purpose of
    these aliases is to automatically tag the message Subject with a
    special prefix (e.g. "[ipfix-req]" for "IPFIX requirements"), so
    that the subject is clearer and the messages are able to be
    filtered based on the recipients interests, if the recipient
    wishes to do so.

    The following IPFIX mailing list aliases are available:

    Requirements
           [email-masked]

    Architecture
           [email-masked]

    Data Model
           [email-masked]

-- 
[email-masked]  http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka  ARS:N9HZF  Madison, WI

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/