Subject: [ipfix-eval] IPFIX Evaluation: update

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:13:12 +1200

Hello all:

At the IPFIX meeting in Yokohama we reached consensus on the evaluation
process, with the following timetable:

    5 July       Publish Protocol Advocacy draft and Call for Submissions

   15 July       Work on consensus in Yokohama, agree on timetable

    2 September  Cutoff for Protocol Submissions to Evaluation Team
                 Advocacy drafts published

   16 October    Evaluation team publishes preliminary Evaluation draft
                 for discussion on list

    2 November   Evaluation draft submitted as WG draft

   22 November   Evaluation Draft discussed at Atlanta meeting
                 WG last call

In the days following the meeting we (Dave/Nevil/Juergen) discussed
how we'd manage the publication of advocay drafts, and came up with
this as a proposal:

  * Advocates announce themselves on the list via the IPFIX-EVAL alias,
    any time up to 2 September.

  * Advocates publish Advocay drafts themselves, as soon as they
    have their -00.txt ready.  These drafts  will be 'individual' 
    submissions, with names like draft-author-ipfix-eval-protocol-00.txt,
    e.g. draft-claise-ipfix-eval-netflow-00.txt.

  * Discussion of the advocacy drafts on IPFIX-EVAL .
    Advocates may published revised versions of their advocacy
    drafts at any time up to 16 October.

  * Evaluation team publish -00.txt version of the Evaluation
    draft.  Discussed on IPFIX-EVAL list.

  * Rest of timetable continues as above.

So far, we have three protocols with declared advocates:
   CRANE       Kevin Zhang
   LFAP v5     Paul Calato
   NetFlow v9  Benoit Claise
We will also have an advocate for DIAMETER.

If you are interested in advocating for any other protocol, please
have a look at the material in http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/eval/

Cheers, Nevil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                   Director, Technology Development
   Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x8941      ITSS, The University of Auckland
   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:50:15 +0200

Dear protocol advocates:

>                  Advocacy drafts published

Please do not miss the cutoff date for the protocol evaluation drafts on next Monday.

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek     [email-masked]     Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,    Network Laboratories     Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Adenauerplatz 6, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.ccrle.nec.de