Subject: [ipfix-eval] Re: next version of IPFIX requirements

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:55:50 +1300

Quoting Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>:

> Hi Dave and Nevil,
> 
> There is a new version of the IPFIX requirements. You can preview it at
> 
>   http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~quittek/draft-ietf-ipfix-reqs-08.txt
> 
> Before posting it I want to get your OK on changing the author list.
> Following Dave's reminder on the mailing list, I checked the document
> against the I-D nits. Among some minor issues, I found that the maximum
> length of the author list is 5. In the last version of the requirements
> the length of the list was 6. Therefore, I cut the list. When checking
> the contribution of all listed authors, I found a big gap between the
> first four and the remaining two authors. Therefore, I removed Georg and
> KC from the author list and instead mentioned them explicitly in the
> acknowledgements section. Additionally, I mentioned the names of many
> other contributors in the acknowledgement.
> 
> I will post the document as soon as I have your OK on this change.

Good idea to check the I-D nits, we don't want little things like that 
to slow the RFC process ! 

I agree with your change to the authors list - Georg and KC came into
the Requirements draft fairly late, as I remember.  Go ahead and submit
the draft, and at the same time, you'd better send a note to Georg and
KC telling them about the change (and why we've made it).

Cheers, Nevil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                   Director, Technology Development
   Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941     ITSS, The University of Auckland
   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
vil@auckland

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through University of Auckland
http://www.auckland.ac.nz/

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:48:49 +0100

Nevil,

> the Requirements draft fairly late, as I remember.  Go ahead and submit

Well, not really. Yes, KC came in late. But Georg was there from the very
beginning. However, he stopped being active rather early.

Cheers,

    Juergen