Subject: [ipfix] new version of the IPFIX requirements I-D

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:21:42 +0100

Dear all,

I just submitted a new version of the IPFIX requirements I-D to the IETF.
You can preview it at

  ftp://ftp.ccrle.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-reqs-09.txt

Here is the complete list of changes compared to version -08:

1) section 2.1 "IP Traffic Flow", last line:
   "applicaton" -> "aplication"

2) section 2.2 "Observation Point", line 3:
   removed comma after "medium".

3) section 3.2 "QoS Monitoring", line 7:
   removed "(SLS)".

4) section 4 "Distinguishing Flows"
   joined paragraph 2 and paragraph 3 to a single one (without
   changing text).

5) section 4 "Distinguishing Flows", (former) paragraph 4:
   appended "But anyway, it MUST be ensured that a collecting process is
   able to clearly identify for each received flow record which flow key
   was used for distinguishing this flow from other ones."

6) section 5.2 "Sampling", paragraph 3, line 4:
   replaced "start sampling, stop sampling" by "adding a sampling function
   to the metering process, removing a sampling function from the metering
   process".

7) section 5.2 "Sampling", , paragraph 3, last line:
   "parameter" -> "parameter(s)"

8) section 6.3.2 "Reliability", item 4., last line:
   removed trailing double quote.

9) section 6.3.2 "Reliability", paragraph after item list, line 2:
   replaced "In such a case" by "If reliability is provided by higher
   layers,".

10) section 6.7 "Anonymization":
   appended new paragraph:
   "When anonymized flow data is exported, this MUST be clearly indicated
    to all receiving collecting processes, such that they can distinguish
    anonymized data from non-anonymized data."

11) section 9 "Special Device Considerations", paragraph 7, line 6:
    "transfered" -> "transferred"

12) section 11 "Acknowledgments", last but one line:
    "may" -> many"

========
    Juergen

-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]        Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.ccrle.nec.de

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:30:39 +0100

Dear all,

I made a small mistake when editing the last version.
I did not define the term 'flow key', but actually used it.

Fortunately, our great reviewer Benoit found this in time.

I fixed it on the ftp server where I put the I-D for submission
and it looks like Benoit was quick enough: The keeper of the I-D
repository has not downloaded it, yet. So the correct version will
appear on the IETF's I-D server.

Please find the updated version on the ftp server address given below.

Also below, see a description of the change I made.

    Juergen

>    able to clearly identify for each received flow record which flow key

replaced "flow key" by "set of properties"