Subject: [ipfix] updated subject-tag aliases for mailing list

From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:49:05 -0500

IPFIXers,

As we work on the WG Internet Drafts, please continue to use the one
public IPFIX mailing list so that everyone can participate and stay
informed.

However, I've created new aliases for the existing IPFIX mailing list
which will cause the message Subject to be tagged appropriately for
each of those our WG Internet Draft efforts: [ipfix-protocol],
[ipfix-reqs], [ipfix-arch], [ipfix-info], and [ipfix-as].

Hopefully those names are self-explanatory as the match the names of
the corresponding WG draft. ("-as" is 'a'pplicability 's'tatement.)

Of course, email to "[email-masked]" will still go to the list
as it has in the past.

The aliases are described here:

   http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/#Mailing_List_Aliases_Convention

from which I have quoted below.

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------

  Mailing List Aliases, Conventions, and Policies

    There is only one IPFIX mailing list. General messages can be
    posted to the list by directing them to:

       [email-masked]

    However, because there are multiple efforts to prepare multiple
    documents within the IPFIX WG, there are multiple "entry points"
    which are simply aliases for that same list. The sole purpose of
    these aliases is to automatically tag the message Subject with a
    special prefix (e.g. "[ipfix-reqs]" for "IPFIX requirements"),
    so that the subject is clearer and the messages are able to be
    filtered based on the recipients interests, if the recipient
    wishes to do so.

    The following IPFIX mailing list aliases are available:

     Requirements, draft-ietf-ipfix-reqs:

            [email-masked]

     Architecture, draft-ietf-ipfix-arch:

            [email-masked]

     Information and Data Model, draft-ietf-ipfix-info:

            [email-masked]

     Applicability Statements, draft-ietf-ipfix-as:

            [email-masked]

     Protocol, draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol:

            [email-masked]

-- 
[email-masked]  http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka  ARS:N9HZF  Madison, WI

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/