Subject: [ipfix] nFlow Rewised

From: Luca Deri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:44:06 +0200

Dear all,
a while ago I have posted a mail about a new flow format named nFlow. 
Based on the comments received by some of you I have updated the flow 
definition and based on NetFlow v9 (this was the main concern). At 
http://www.nflow.org/ you can find the nFlow specs and download a new 
prerelease version of nProbe (a software NetFlow probe I have developed) 
that supports both NetFlow v5/v9 and nFlow, so that you can play with 
nFlow and compare it with NetFlow.

I would very much appreciate to receive you feedback on this work. As 
Nevil pointed out, I hope to convince my management to allow me to show 
up in Vienna to introduce you nFlow and see whether some of the ideas I 
have put on it there can influence the design of IPFIX.

Regards, Luca

-- 
Luca Deri <[email-masked]>	http://luca.ntop.org/
Hacker: someone who loves to program and enjoys being
clever about it - Richard Stallman

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/