Subject: [ipfix] [issue] INFO-22 Flow Label is 3 bytes long? x - address through d oc...

From: "MEYER,JEFFREY D (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:16:01 -0500

Issue: INFO-22 Flow Label is 3 bytes long? x - address through doc...
Description
  the flow label field only has 20 bytes allocated to it.  Hence it doesn't
  need a full int.  Is this an issue, or simply indicate this fact in
  info model.
  http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/1919.html
<http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/1919.html>

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:38:57 +0000

>   http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/1919.html 

Clearly you have to specify the semantics as that of a 20 bit object, but
given the clumbsy way that most processors will have to go about extracting
just 3 bytes and writing them out, I would have thought that it was worth
"wasting" the byte and using a 4 byte field.

Stewart

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/