Subject: [ipfix] [issue] INFO-17 Variant Field Types

From: "MEYER,JEFFREY D (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:10:59 -0500

Issue:  INFO-17  Variant Field Types
Description: 
  - allow in encoding, make explicit in information model.
    Motivation is if known integer quantities for a given exporter
    are in a smaller range, fewer bytes can be used to send across
    the wire.
    
    A consumer should be made aware of the largest size any compliant
    should export - (information model)
  Original text:
   <http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/1935.html>
http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/1935.html

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:29:47 +0000

>   http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/1935.html

I take this to mean that the info model will specify the maximum size,
but the protocol description will include a description of reduces
size encoding.

Is that correct?

Stewart

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/