Subject: [ipfix] HP Patents and IPFIX

From: "MEYER,JEFFREY D (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:33:30 -0800

Hi,
 
  It was recently brought to my attention that HP Patent #5,430,709 appears
to relate to some of the subject matter discussed in the IPFIX Architecture
Draft.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-arch-02.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-arch-02.txt> 

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?patentnumber=5430709
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?patentnumber=5430709> 

  I have asked for clarification from HP attorneys regarding assignment of
Intellectual Property as it relates to this standards activity, but don't
have any position at the moment.  I will update you as I learn more.
 
  At this point, I'm simply letting the group know of the existence of this
patent, and its apparent relationship to sections 5.1.1, 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 of
the current architecture draft.
 
Regards,
 
  Jeff "not an attorney, and don't play one on TV" Meyer

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:29:54 +0100

Hi Jeff,

I'm not an attorney, but doesn't this patent include also Cisco's NetFlow,
even the early versions?

Are there any agreements between HP and Cisco?

Probably the answers are too confidential to be posted.

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]        Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.ccrle.nec.de

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/