Subject: [ipfix] AD Evaluation of: draft-leinen-ipfix-eval-contrib-01.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:46:55 +0100

Serious questions:
- Many of the documents for the protcools that were evaluated 
  are (possibly expired or soon to expire) internet-drafts.
  Are you sure they are just informative and that there is no
  need to read them in order to understand the evaluation?
  Possibly they are not needed (I think I can see that after
  reading the whol draft). It might be good to make an explicit
  statement at the end of section 1 to say that you have extracted
  the relevant information from the evaluation drafts and that
  the detailed content of those drafts is not needed to understand 
  this summary/executive/consolidated evaluation document.

- Anyway, 
  - I see that some have made it to RFC. 
    RFC3423 - draft-kzhang-crane-protocol-05.txt
    RFC3588 - draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-17.txt
  - These are still there as (very old) drafts
    draft-kzhang-ipfix-eval-crane-00.txt
    draft-zander-ipfix-diameter-eval-00.txt
    draft-calato-ipfix-lfap-eval-00.txt
    draft-bclaise-netflow-9-00.txt
  - I do not see/find:
    expired: draft-riverstone-lfap-01.txt
    expired: draft-riverstone-lfap-data-01.txt
    expired: draft-claise-ipfix-eval-netflow-04.txt
  And so on.
- 6.  Security Considerations
    The security mechanisms of the candidate protocols were discussed in
    the section about the Security requirement (6.3.2).
  I think it would be good to make a reference here to the doc that 
  contains that sect 6.3.2 !! And porbably you mean sect 6.3.3. in
  the ipfix requirements doc anyway!

Nits and admin comments

- abstract speaks about "this draft", you man "this document"
  draft dioes not read so well when it is an RFC.
- first sentence in sect 4.1 missing right parenthesis
- sect 4.10.3.2 3rd line: s/evel/level/
- ANy idea, where reference [NDM-U-3.1] can be obtained/accessed?

Thanks,
Bert 

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: "Meyer, Jeffrey D (http://usage.fc.hp.c)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:08:29 -0800

Hi Bert,

  In answer to your very last question.  NDM-U 3.1.1 is available at the
following URL:

  http://www.ipdr.org/documents/NDM-U_3.1.1.pdf

Regards,

  Jeff Meyer

-----Original Message-----
From: majordomo listserver [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 8:47 AM
To: 'Ipfix Wg' (E-mail) (E-mail)
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: [ipfix] AD Evaluation of:
draft-leinen-ipfix-eval-contrib-01.txt

Serious questions:

- Anyway, 

Nits and admin comments

Thanks,
Bert