Subject: [IPFIX] Informal request for RFC numbers

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:46:24 -0800

Hi RFC Editor:

The IPFIX Working Group has three Proposed Standard RFCs, 5101, 5102
and 5103.  We will soon start work on revising them, with the goal of
replacing them with new Draft Standards.  If it's possible, we would
like the Draft Standards to have similar numbers, such as 6101, 2 and 3.

Alternatively, rather than waiting until the RFC numbers reach 7101,
having a set of numbers ending in 1, 2 and 3 could be a good alternative.

Would you please note this request; I will keep you informed of the
IPFIX WG's progress with this work.

Cheers, Nevil (IPFIX Co-chair)

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Glenn Kowack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:30:00 -0500

Nevil,
   Just to be sure - you're have taken off your Independent Submission
Editor hat while making this request, yes?

thanks,
Glenn
___