Subject: [IPFIX] New Version Notification for draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-01

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:43:13 +0200

Dear all,

At the IETF79, I presented this work both in the OPSAREA and the IPFIX 
meetings
     http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/opsarea.txt
     http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/ipfix.txt
I thought it was well received.

At the IETF80, I had to rush to presente it in IPFIX WG, and therefore I 
didn't do a good job of explaining the issues.
A new draft version has been posted, which should clarify the goal and 
the proposed mechanism.
Juergen Schoenwalder has been added as an author.

Please review 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export/

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-01
Date: 	Thu, 7 Apr 2011 01:23:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Benoit Claise and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Exporting MIB Variables using the IPFIX Protocol
Creation_date:	 2011-04-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 25

Abstract:
This document specifies a way to complement IPFIX Flow Records with
Management Base (MIB) objects, avoiding the need to define new IPFIX
Information Elements for existing Management Information Base objects
that are already fully specified.

This method requires an extension to the current IPFIX protocol.  New
Template Set and Options Template Sets are specified to allow the
export of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) MIB Objects along
with IPFIX Information Elements.

The IETF Secretariat.