Subject: [IPFIX] FW: Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-05.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:25:27 +0200

Hi, 

Please see the Gen-ART review on draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-05.txt

Thanks and Regards,

Dan 

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Krishnan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:51 AM
To: [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Gen-ART Telechat review of
draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-05.txt

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-05.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2011/04/12
IESG Telechat date: 2011/04/14

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard but
please consider fixing the following issues.

Section 2:
* This sentence does not read right.

However, the amount of information
has become so important that, when dealing with highly granular
information such as Flow information, a push mechanism (as opposed to a
pull mechanism, such as SNMP) is the only solution for routers whose
primary function is to route packets.

Did you mean that "the amount of information is so large" (or)
"collecting this information has become so important" instead of "the
amount of information has become so important"?

* I understand aggregation based on time but what does "space" mean
here? I thought that granular flow export was desired. Can you clarify?

Furthermore, in order to reduce the export bandwidth requirements, the
network elements have to integrate mediation functions to aggregate the
collected information, both in space and time.

Thanks
Suresh