Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Export of Structured Data in IPFIX' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 06:29:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Export of Structured Data in IPFIX'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-06.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data/

Technical Summary

        This document specifies an extension to the IP Flow Information 
        eXport (IPFIX) protocol specification in [RFC5101] and the IPFIX 
        information model specified in [RFC5102] to support hierarchical 
        structured data and lists (sequences) of Information Elements in 
        data records.  This extension allows definition of complex data 
        structures such as variable-length lists and specification of 
        hierarchical containment relationships between Templates. 
        Finally, the semantics are provided in order to express the 
        relationship among multiple list elements in a structured data 
        record. 

Working Group Summary

  Work on this draft began in March 2009.  Its development has had
  strong co-operative work from WG members in Europe, Japan and 
  elsewhere.  Its WG Last Call generated enough comments that a
  second WGLC was run and this version represents  the WG 
  consensus. 

Document Quality

  The shepherd is not aware of any current implementations, 
  but the list discussion makes him think that they do exist.
 
Personnel

   Nevil Brownlee is Document Shepherd for this document.
   Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.