Subject: [IPFIX] RFC5815 (IPFIX MIB) IANA Consideration issues

From: Thomas Dietz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:58:15 +0000

Dear all,

in the course of editing the PSAMP MIB draft we identified that the IANA
Considerations in RFC 5815 (the IPFIX MIB RFC) do not make sense. Putting
the whole IPFIX SELECTOR MIB under IANA control and creating a registry
hereof is not what we need here.

I propose to change that and only put up a registry that registers the OIDs
of the subtrees under the ipfixSelectorFunctions OID. Each subtree -- as
described in the RFC -- represents a Selector Function and its parameters
(in a table). So the root of the subtree (i.e. its OID) has to be registered
in the new registry. In addition the document where this subtree is defined
has to be registered. The review process setup in RFC5815 can remain as it
is.

Implementing this change needs -- according to our ADs -- an updated
RFC5815.

Please comment on this issue. Any feedback is welcome.

Best Regards,

Thomas

-- 
Thomas Dietz                 E-mail: [email-masked]
トーマス・ヂィーツ
NEC Europe Ltd.              Phone: +49 6221 4342-128
NEC Laboratories Europe      Fax:   +49 6221 4342-155
Network Research Division
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36
69115 Heidelberg, Germany    http://www.neclab.eu

NEC Europe Limited             Registered in England 2832014
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL