Subject: [IPFIX] DRAFT agenda -00 for IPFIX at IETF 81 (Quebec City)

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:38:16 +1200

Hi all:

Here's a -00 version of our agenda for Quebec City.
Where I'm not sure who would present something I've indicated
that using (?).

Our main goal for this meeting, I believe, is to decide how
many of the drafts listed we should take up as WG items, and
to write down answers to the questions:
     - Who is prepared to _work_ on them?
     - How long do we expect them to take?

Comments, suggestions for improvements, etc are welcome, please
email them to the IPFIX list.

Cheers, Nevil

===========================================
IP Flow Information Export WG (ipfix)
DRAFT-00   Agenda for IETF 81, Quebec City
Wedesday, July 27, 1300-1500, Room 2101
===========================================

Chairs:
Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Nevil Brownlee  <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Agenda review                                        =  5 min

2. Update from last meeting / WG Status (Nevil)         = 10 min
      Export-per-SCTP-Stream - in queue, waiting on sctp stream-reset
      Structured Data - in RFC-EDIT state
      Config Model - IESG waiting for revised ID
      PSAMP MIB - IESG waiting for revised ID
      Flow Selection Techniques  -06 published,
      	  needs revised ID, then nevil will submit writeup

3. Current WG drafts                                    =  0 min
      All in (2) above.

4. What next for IPFIX?                                 =  5 min
    We're now ready to consider how IPFIX should develop.
    This section of the agenda is intended as (the continuation of)
    our re-chartering discussion.
    For any of these we need to work out
     - Who is prepared to _work_ on them?
     - How long do we expect them to take?

    a) Progressing IPFIX Standards-Track RFCs to Draft Standard  = 20 min
       (Juergen/Nevil)
        - New versions of the base standards, 5101 and 5102, which
          implement small changes that did not affect interoperation,
          (for example adding detail where there are gaps in 5101) as
          a Standards Track successor to 5101.  Once that had been
          published as an RFC for some time we could work on moving it
          to Draft; that should be possible in a reasonably short time.
       -  draft-mentz-ipfix-dtls-recommendations-02
            Recommendations for Implementing IPFIX over DTLS, 14 Mar 11
          Where should these go - update of Implementation Guidelines
          perhaps?

    b) Recent drafts                                     = 70 min
       - draft-trammell-ipfix-ie-doctors-02 (Brian Trammell)
           Guidelines for Information Elements,  24 Jun 11
         We need to decide
         a. Should we develop an 'IE Guidelines' draft?  or,
         b. Do we want to have an 'IE Doctors' team (with IESG overview),
            an expanded group of IE Expert reviewers, or what?

       - draft-trammel-ipfix-a9n-03 (Brian Trammell)
           IPFIX Aggregation,  28 Jun 11
         A much-needed mediator function

       - draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-05 (?)
           Information Elements for Data Link Layer
           Traffic Measurement, 15 Mar 11

     - draft-claise-ipfix-mediation-protocol-03  (Benoit CLaise)
           Protocol for PFIX Mediation,  14 Feb 11

       - draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-01 (?)
           Exporting MIB objects,  7 Apr 11

   5. Any Other Business                                   =  10 min

Presentation slides will be available at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=81
   (search for IPFIX in the Operations and Management Area)

Participation via jabber is offered at [email-masked]

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand