Subject: [IPFIX] RFC 6313 on Export of Structured Data in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:59:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6313

        Title:      Export of Structured Data in 
                    IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) 
        Author:     B. Claise, G. Dhandapani,
                    P. Aitken, S. Yates
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      71
        Characters: 163360
        Updates:    RFC5102

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6313.txt

This document specifies an extension to the IP Flow Information
Export (IPFIX) protocol specification in RFC 5101 and the IPFIX
information model specified in RFC 5102 to support hierarchical
structured data and lists (sequences) of Information Elements in
data records.  This extension allows definition of complex data
structures such as variable-length lists and specification of
hierarchical containment relationships between Templates.
Finally, the semantics are provided in order to express the
relationship among multiple list elements in a structured data
record.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC