Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Configuration Data Model for IPFIX and PSAMP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:17:20 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Configuration Data Model for IPFIX and PSAMP'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a data model for configuring and monitoring
   Selection Processes, Caches, Exporting Processes, and Collecting
   Processes of IPFIX and PSAMP compliant Monitoring Devices using the
   NETCONF protocol [RFC4741].  The data model is defined using UML
   (Unified Modeling Language) class diagrams and formally specified
   using YANG [RFC6020].  The configuration data is encoded in
   Extensible Markup Language (XML).

Working Group Summary

   The mediation framework was added to the IPIFX charter in 2008.
   The document was discussed at all meetings since then and had
   several revisions. There was nothing special about this document.
   There is a strong consensus in the IPFIX WG to publish this version
   of the document. There are no particular issues in the document
   without strong consensus in the IPFIX WG.

Document Quality

   The document underwent a WG last call in the IPFIX WG and a YANG
   doctor review. This way, a high document quality has been achieved already.

Personnel

   Juergen Quittek is the Document Shepherd.
   Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

OLD: 

[W3C.REC-xml-20040204]
              Paoli, J., Maler, E., Yergeau, F., Sperberg-McQueen, C.,
              and T. Bray, "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Third
              Edition)", World Wide Web Consortium FirstEdition REC-xml-
              20040204, February 2004,
              <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204>

NEW: 

[W3C.REC-xml-20081126]
              Paoli, J., Yergeau, F., Sperberg-McQueen, C., Maler, E.,
              and T. Bray, "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fifth
              Edition)", World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation REC-
              xml-20081126, November 2008,
              <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126>.