Subject: [IPFIX] Qebec Meeting Minutes

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:30:35 +1200

Hi all:

Here are the DRAFT minutes of our meeting on Wednesday.
Please let me know if they need any corrections.

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Gerhard Muenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:59:17 +0200

Hi,

> Juergen presented the PSAMP MIB.  The IPFIX MIB (RFC 5815) was
> intended to use a registry for ipfixSelectorFunctions, but instead
> IANA created an IPFIX SELECTOR MIB, which would need to be changed
> each time we add a new selector function.  After some discussion, we
> decided to stop maintaining the IPFIX SELECTOR MIB and create new OID
> registry for ipfixSelectorFunctions.  That will require changes to the
> PSAMP MIB and to RFC 5815; since that requires AD approval, these will
> be new WG work items.

Note that this will be a blocker for the IPFIX config draft since it 
depends on RFC5815 and the upcoming PSAMP MIB RFC.

If IPFIX-SELECTOR-MIB is abandoned, some explanatory text probably needs 
to be changed (in addition to references).

Gerhard