Subject: [IPFIX] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5101 (2852)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 12:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5101,
"Specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5101&eid=2852

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>

Section: Figure O

Original Text
-------------
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |     Scope N Field Length      |   Scope N Enterprise Number ...
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   ...  Scope N Enterprise Number   |1| Option 1 Infor. Element Id. |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Option 1 Field Length      |  Option 1 Enterprise Number ...
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   ... Option 1 Enterprise Number   |              ...              |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |     Scope N Field Length      |   Scope N Enterprise Number  ...
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  ...  Scope N Enterprise Number   |1| Option 1 Infor. Element Id. |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Option 1 Field Length      |  Option 1 Enterprise Number  ...
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  ... Option 1 Enterprise Number   |              ...              |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----
Notice that the rows don't line up properly. I think this is because the ellipsis were supposed to overlap the edges. Compare with the diagram in A.4.3.

Perhaps the ellipsis in the figure in section A.4.2 could also be modified for consistency.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5101 (draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-26)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information
Publication Date    : January 2008
Author(s)           : B. Claise, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IP Flow Information Export
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG