Subject: [IPFIX] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5101 (2903)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 13:08:06 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5101,
"Specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5101&eid=2903

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.1.6

Original Text
-------------
6.1.6.  string and octetarray

   The data type string represents a finite length string of valid
   characters of the Unicode character encoding set.  The string data
   type MUST be encoded in UTF-8 format.  The string is sent as an array
   of octets using an Information Element of fixed or variable length.

   The length of the Information Element specifies the length of the
   octetarray.

Corrected Text
--------------
6.1.6.  string and octetArray

   The data type string represents a finite length string of valid
   characters of the Unicode character encoding set.  The string data
   type MUST be encoded in UTF-8 format.  The string is sent as an array
   of octets using an Information Element of fixed or variable length.

   The length of the Information Element specifies the length of the
   octetArray.

Notes
-----
s/octetarray/octetArray/ (twice).

Also in section 6.2:
  "Information Elements containing integer, string, float, and
   octetarray types in the information model ..."

Per RFC5102 and IANA's IPFIX registry, the correct name is "octetArray".

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5101 (draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-26)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information
Publication Date    : January 2008
Author(s)           : B. Claise, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IP Flow Information Export
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG