Subject: [IPFIX] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6235 (2883)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 07:39:08 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6235,
"IP Flow Anonymization Support".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6235&eid=2883

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.2.4

Original Text
-------------
   The Exporting Process Reliability Statistics Options Template,
   recommended in [RFC5101], contains an Exporting Process ID field,
   which may be an exportingProcessIPv4Address Information Element or an
   exportingProcessIPv6Address Information Element.

...

   Similarly, the Export Session Details Options Template and Message
   Details Options Template specified for the IPFIX File Format
   [RFC5655] may contain the exportingProcessIPv4Address Information
   Element or the exportingProcessIPv6Address Information Element to
   identify an Exporting Process from which a flow record was received,
   and the collectingProcessIPv4Address Information Element or the
   collectingProcessIPv6Address Information Element to identify the
   Collecting Process which received it.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The Exporting Process Reliability Statistics Options Template,
   recommended in [RFC5101], contains an Exporting Process ID field,
   which may be an exporterIPv4Address Information Element or an
   exporterIPv6Address Information Element.

...

   Similarly, the Export Session Details Options Template and Message
   Details Options Template specified for the IPFIX File Format
   [RFC5655] may contain the exporterIPv4Address Information
   Element or the exporterIPv6Address Information Element to
   identify an Exporting Process from which a flow record was received,
   and the collectorIPv4Address Information Element or the
   collectorIPv6Address Information Element to identify the
   Collecting Process which received it.

Notes
-----
s/exportingProcessIPv4Address/exporterIPv4Address/ (twice)
s/exportingProcessIPv6Address/exporterIPv6Address/ (twice)
s/collectingProcessIPv4Address/collectorIPv4Address/ (once)
s/collectingProcessIPv6Address/collectorIPv6Address/ (once)

- per the names in IANA's IPFIX registry.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6235 (draft-ietf-ipfix-anon-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IP Flow Anonymization Support
Publication Date    : May 2011
Author(s)           : E. Boschi, B. Trammell
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : IP Flow Information Export
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG