Subject: [IPFIX] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5102 (2879)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 06:31:59 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5102,
"Information Model for IP Flow Information Export".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5102&eid=2879

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.3

Original Text
-------------
   o  Middleboxes [RFC3234] may change Flow properties, such as the
      Differentiated Service Code Point (DSCP) value or the source IP
      address.  If an IPFIX Observation Point is located in the path of
      a Flow before one or more middleboxes that potentially modify
      packets of the Flow, then it may be desirable to also report Flow
      properties after the modification performed by the middleboxes.
      An example is an Observation Point before a packet marker changing
      a packet's IPv4 Type of Service (TOS) field that is encoded in
      Information Element classOfServiceIPv4.  Then the value observed
      and reported by Information Element classOfServiceIPv4 is valid at
      the Observation Point, but not after the packet passed the packet
      marker.  For reporting the change value of the TOS field, the
      IPFIX information model uses Information Elements that have a name
      prefix "post", for example, "postClassOfServiceIPv4".

Corrected Text
--------------
   o  Middleboxes [RFC3234] may change Flow properties, such as the
      Differentiated Service Code Point (DSCP) value or the source IP
      address.  If an IPFIX Observation Point is located in the path of
      a Flow before one or more middleboxes that potentially modify
      packets of the Flow, then it may be desirable to also report Flow
      properties after the modification performed by the middleboxes.
      An example is an Observation Point before a packet marker changing
      a packet's IPv4 Type of Service (TOS) field that is encoded in
      Information Element ipClassOfService.  Then the value observed
      and reported by Information Element ipClassOfService is valid at
      the Observation Point, but not after the packet passed the packet
      marker.  For reporting the change value of the TOS field, the
      IPFIX information model uses Information Elements that have a name
      prefix "post", for example, "postIpClassOfService".

Notes
-----
s/ClassOfServiceIPv4/ipClassOfService/ (twice)
s/postClassOfServiceIPv4/postIpClassOfService/ (once)

Also correct another instance of "postClassOfServiceIPv4" in section 5:

OLD
   Information Elements with a name having the "post" prefix, for
   example, "postClassOfServiceIPv4"
NEW
   Information Elements with a name having the "post" prefix, for
   example, "postIpClassOfService"
END

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5102 (draft-ietf-ipfix-info-15)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Information Model for IP Flow Information Export
Publication Date    : January 2008
Author(s)           : J. Quittek, S. Bryant, B. Claise, P. Aitken, J. Meyer
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IP Flow Information Export
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG