Subject: [IPFIX] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5153 (2900)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 12:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5153,
"IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Implementation Guidelines".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5153&eid=2900

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.2

Original Text
-------------
   Consequently, an Exporting Process reporting traffic Flows measured
   at a device that hosts one or more middleboxes should clearly
   indicate to Collecting Processes the location of the used Observation
   Point(s) with respect to the middlebox(es).  This can be done by
   using Options with Observation Point as scope and elements like, for
   instance, lineCardID or samplerID.  Otherwise, processing the
   measured Flow data could lead to wrong results.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Consequently, an Exporting Process reporting traffic Flows measured
   at a device that hosts one or more middleboxes should clearly
   indicate to Collecting Processes the location of the used Observation
   Point(s) with respect to the middlebox(es).  This can be done by
   using Options with Observation Point as scope and elements like, for
   instance, lineCardId or selectorId.  Otherwise, processing the
   measured Flow data could lead to wrong results.

Notes
-----
s/lineCardID/lineCardId/
s/samplerID/selectorId/

Per the definitions in RFC5102, RFC5477 and IANA's IPFIX registry.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5153 (draft-ietf-ipfix-implementation-guidelines-08)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Implementation Guidelines
Publication Date    : April 2008
Author(s)           : E. Boschi, L. Mark, J. Quittek, M. Stiemerling, P. Aitken
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : IP Flow Information Export
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG