Subject: [IPFIX] EARLY DRAFT agenda for IPFIX at Taipei IETF

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:19:20 +1300

Hi all:

A first draft of our agenda for the Taipei meeting is available
from http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/agenda/ipfix.txt
and is appended below.

You'll see that we plan to get started on new-charter work items, so:
  - If you'll be presenting anything, email me so  that I can
      update the agenda
  - If you're prepared to work on any of the new work items, please
      say that on the IPFIX list
  - Similarly, please say, on the list, which of the new work items
      you're prepared to review

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:15:30 +0200

Hi, Nevil, all,

I'd like to ask for 5-10 minutes somewhere to talk about what I see as a looming open issue in the application of structured data. Specifically, as defined, the generic container IEs carry no semantic information about their contents into the template, which breaks the very nice (if only implicitly intentional) property of IPFIX that a collector's interest in a record can be determined at the time that its template is parsed. Using the basicList semantic data type (as opposed to the basicList IE) to create new Information Elements which carry that information would fix this problem (i.e. creating a new mplsLabelStackList basicList IE that would contain mplsLabelStackSection IEs), but would require some new mechanism (or merely process) to ensure that a container's semantics matched its contents.

We can take some time from the aggregation draft, the changes to which are almost completely editorial, and I anticipate needing no more than two minutes to mention them.

Thanks,

Brian

On Oct 28, 2011, at 1:19 AM, Nevil Brownlee wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> IPFIX mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:14:03 +0200

Hi Nevil,

We would like to present an update of 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies-01, which will be 
posted before the deadline.

Thank you.

Regards, Benoit.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 00:42:00 +0100

Hi Nevil,

I would like to present 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-export-application-info-in-ipfix-03

Regards, Benoit.