Subject: [IPFIX] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-claise-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-02.txt

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:19:26 +0200

Dear all,

A new version of the 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-02 has 
been posted.
What has been done is:

       * Observation Domain Id: from "the same Exporting Process" to "the
    same Exporter". See http://www.ietf.org/mail-
    archive/web/ipfix/current/msg06078.html

       * Clarified the timestamps and updated the reference from RFC1305 to
    RFC5905 (thanks to Brian)

The TO-DO list will have to be discussed face to face in Taipei

       * Resolution to the template lifetime mechanism for UDP

       * RFC2026 section 4.1.2: "The requirement for at least two
    independent and interoperable implementations applies to all of the
    options and features of the specification. In cases in which one or
    more options or features have not been demonstrated in at least two
    interoperable implementations, the specification may advance to the
    Draft Standard level only if those options or features are removed."
    The interop report from Prague is at
    http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/slides/ipfix-4.pdf Missing from
    this interop (and therefore, every interop):
          1. DTLS over SCTP or UDP (5101 sec. 11.1)
          2. ANY advanced template handling, withdrawal, stream
             separation, or reuse UDP template expiration (5101 sec.
             10.3.6) template withdrawals (5101 sec. 8 para 8 et seq.)
          3. SCTP export on any stream other than 0 (5101 sec 10.2.4.3)

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-claise-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-02.txt
Date: 	Wed, 26 Oct 2011 05:15:15 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-claise-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-02.txt has been successfully submitted by Benoit Claise and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-claise-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Specification of the IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information
Creation date:	 2011-10-26
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 70

Abstract:
    This document specifies the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
    protocol that serves for transmitting IP Traffic Flow information
    over the network.  In order to transmit IP Traffic Flow information
    from an Exporting Process to an information Collecting Process, a
    common representation of flow data and a standard means of
    communicating them is required.  This document describes how the
    IPFIX Data and Template Records are carried over a number of
    transport protocols from an IPFIX Exporting Process to an IPFIX
    Collecting Process.  This document obsoletes RFC 5101.

The IETF Secretariat