Subject: [IPFIX] RFC 6526 on IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Per Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6526

        Title:      IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) 
                    Per Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) 
                    Stream 
        Author:     B. Claise, P. Aitken,
                    A. Johnson, G. Muenz
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 51285
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6526.txt

This document specifies an extension to the specifications
in RFC 5101, IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX), when using
the Partial Reliability extension of SCTP (PR-SCTP, Partial
Reliability Stream Control Transmission Protocol).

When implemented at both the Exporting Process and Collecting Process,
this method offers several advantages, such as the ability to
calculate Data Record losses for PR-SCTP per Template, immediate export of
Template Withdrawal Messages, immediate reuse of Template IDs
within an SCTP stream, reduced likelihood of Data Record loss,
and reduced demands on the Collecting Process.  When implemented
in only the Collecting Process or Exporting Process, then normal IPFIX
behavior will be seen without all of the additional benefits.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC