Subject: [IPFIX] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.txt

From: Shingo KASHIMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 03:11:39 +0900

Hi IPFIXer,

I posted  draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07
Soon this draft will be draft-ietf-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-00.

The differences from -06 are as follows:

  - adding "the relationship between Ethernet header filelds and
    Information Elements " in section 6,
    according to the comment raised by Laxmi Mukund.

  - adding new Information Elements related to octet counter and
    packet length for layer 2 in section 3.11 - 3.24

Best Regards,
Shingo.

Forwarded by Shingo KASHIMA <[email-masked]>
----------------------- Original Message -----------------------
From:    [email-masked]
To:      [email-masked]
Date:    Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:02:52 -0700
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.txt
----

A new version of I-D, draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.txt has been successfully submitted by Shingo Kashima and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Information Elements for Data Link Layer Traffic Measurement
Creation date:	 2012-03-12
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 34

Abstract:
   This document describes Information Elements related to data link
   layer.  They are used by the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
   protocol for encoding measured data link layer traffic information.

The IETF Secretariat
--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------

---

From: "Aamer Akhter (aakhter)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 04:04:09 -0500

Hi Shingo,

Please find my comments regarding
draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07 below:

Sec 2.3
 - given the section context it might be worthwhile to mention LAG
connections and how these can be tracked using the
ingressPhysicalInterface and egressPhysicalInterface. 
- it is unclear what this section means for IPFIX information elements.
(perhaps none?)

Sec 3.1
- would it be possible to add a 'units' field? I think dataLinkFrameSize
is to be expressed in bytes, but let's be explicit.

Sec 3.2
- given the provider and customer l2 spans, does it make sense to
further refine what is meant by ' carries n octets from the data link
frame
      of a selected frame'

Sec 3.5
- It's not clear to me what sectionObservedOctets is actually reporting
on. 

3.12. postMCastL2OctetDeltaCount
- Is the L2 mcast behavior any different (in this area for reporting)
for 802.1Qbh rather than traditional L2 bridges? (I don't know the
answer for sure.) I think we just need to make sure that both cases
(802.1Qbh and regular bridges can use this field. 

3.17. droppedL2OctetDeltaCount
- I think this is also referring to policy drops (for example done by
relay in 802.1Qbh), not just regular drops (QoS, broadcast suppression
etc.) Is the 802.1Qbh case to be handled in any special way? 

3.19 and 3.20 description is exactly the same (copy and paste error?)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Shingo KASHIMA
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 2:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPFIX] Fw: New Version Notification
fordraft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.txt

Hi IPFIXer,

I posted  draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitorin
g-07
Soon this draft will be draft-ietf-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-00.

Best Regards,
Shingo.

----------------------- Original Message -----------------------
From:    [email-masked]
To:      [email-masked]
Date:    Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:02:52 -0700
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.txt
----

A new version of I-D,
draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-07.txt has been
successfully submitted by Shingo Kashima and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Information Elements for Data Link Layer Traffic
Measurement
Creation date:	 2012-03-12
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 34

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat
--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix