Subject: [IPFIX] draft-claise-export-application-info-in-ipfix-05

From: Andrew Feren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:30:51 -0400

First a few editorial notes.

Page 6 [top paragraph]

"available at [CISCO], only the layer 7 ones cannot compiled"
should be
"available at [CISCO], only the layer 7 ones cannot be compiled "

Page 12
"protocol encoding may encoded with 3 bytes. In such a case, "
should be
"protocol encoding may be encoded with 3 bytes. In such a case,"

Page 27 section 6.6

         the reporting application wants to determine whether or the
         default HTTP port 80 or 8080 was used, it must export the
         destination port (destinationTransportPort at [IANA-IPFIX])
         in the corresponding IPFIX record.

should be something like

         the reporting application wants to determine whether or not the
         default HTTP port 80 or 8080 was used, the
         destination port (destinationTransportPort at [IANA-IPFIX])
         must also be exported in the corresponding IPFIX record.

Now a few other notes.

Maybe it is just me, but on page 8 I have no idea what is meant by

         The Selector ID term is in sync with the selectorId
         Information Element, specified in the PSAMP Protocol
         [RFC5476].

      7.1.8. p2pTechnology
      7.1.9. tunnelTechnology
      7.1.10. encryptedTechnology

specify y, 2, n, 2, u, and 0 in addition to the "yes", "no", and 
"unassigned" values found at http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipfix/ipfix.xml

Are all of these valid values?  If yes should the IANA entries be updated?

-Andrew

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:02:55 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your review. See in line.

> "available at [CISCO], only the layer 7 ones cannot be compiled "
This following text has been removed in the current temp version. This 
feedback comes from the AD review (Dan Romascanu)

       Note that, while the Application Ids for all applications are
       available at [CISCO  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-export-application-info-in-ipfix-05#ref-CISCO>], only the layer 7 ones cannot compiled
       from existing well known registries.

> "protocol encoding may be encoded with 3 bytes. In such a case,"
Done.
>         must also be exported in the corresponding IPFIX record.
That's better. Thanks.
>         Information Element, specified in the PSAMP Protocol
NEW:
          The Selector ID term is similar to the selectorId
         Information Element, specified in the PSAMP Protocol
         [RFC5476].
> "unassigned" values found at 
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipfix/ipfix.xml
>
Yes, IANA should be updated.
I put this note in the draft, to make sure it's not forgotten.

RFC-EDITOR/IANA-EDITOR: some entries are already present in IPFIX-IANA. 
However, those must be updated with the current content.

Regards, Benoit.