Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Packet Sampling' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipfix-psamp-mib-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:54:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Packet Sampling'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-psamp-mib-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ronald Bonica and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-psamp-mib/

  Technical Summary 

  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
  In particular, it describes extensions to the IPFIX MIB module
  [RFC5815].  For IPFIX implementations that use packet Sampling
  (PSAMP) techniques as described in [RFC5475], this memo defines the
  PSAMP MIB module containing managed objects for providing information
  on applied packet selection functions and their parameters.

 Working Group Summary 

  This document was originally intended to be a stand-alone MIB;
  once the WG had decided to produce an IPFIX MIB, PSAMP was left
  to be added as an extension to the IPFIX MIB.
  No controversy arose during the work on this MIB.

 Document Quality
  As well as its WGLC, this MIB was reviewed by Christian Henke and 
  Benoit Claise.  No issues were found.

Personnel

 Shepherd is Nevil Browning. AD is Ron Bonica.