Subject: [IPFIX] draft-ietf-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-01

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 22:27:46 +0100

Dear All,

I had one action outstanding on this draft since the last WG meeting:

           One open issue: sectionOfset.  Discussion focussed on the 
problem
           of having multiple offset IEs in an export record, and the need
           to have an ofset reference base.  Paul will add more text 
explaining
           this.

The "offset base" issue was already addressed by the text, though I've 
clarified:

     If this Information Element is omitted, it defaults to zero (ie, no 
offset).

I've added the text below to address the "multiple offset IEs" issue. 
Please check whether this satisfies the request.

Also, I found an orphaned paragraph (no "t" tag in the XML) at the end 
of section 2.4. I've fixed the tag so the text now shows.

Thanks,
P.

OLD:

    3.4.  sectionOffset

        Description:

           This Information Element specifies the offset of the packet
           section (e.g., dataLinkFrameSection, ipHeaderPacketSection,
           ipPayloadPacketSection, mplsLabelStackSection and
           mplsPayloadPacketSection).  If this Information Element is
           omitted, it defaults to zero.

NEW:

    3.4.  sectionOffset

        Description:

           This Information Element specifies the offset of the packet
           section (e.g., dataLinkFrameSection, ipHeaderPacketSection,
           ipPayloadPacketSection, mplsLabelStackSection and
           mplsPayloadPacketSection).  If this Information Element is
           omitted, it defaults to zero (ie, no offset).
           If multiple sectionOffset IEs are specified within a single
           Template, then they apply to the packet section IEs in order. ie,
           the first sectionOffset applies to the first packet section, etc.
           Note that the "closest" sectionOffset and packet section IEs
           within a given Template are not necessarily related.  If
    there are
           less sectionOffset IEs than packet section IEs, then subsequent
           packet section IEs have no offset.  If there are more
           sectionOffset IEs than the number of packet section IEs, then the
           additional sectionOffset IEs are meaningless.

END.