Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of IPFIX Information Elements' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-ipfix-ie-doctors-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:25:30 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of IPFIX Information Elements'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-ie-doctors-07.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ronald Bonica and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-ie-doctors/

Technical Summary

   This document provides guidelines for the definition of IPFIX
   Information Elements for addition to the IANA IPFIX Information
   Element registry, in order to extend the applicability of the IPFIX
   protocol to new operations and management areas.

Working Group Summary

   This draft has been discussed already at WG sessions and on the
   mailing list for along time before adopting it as WG work item.
   There was strong consensus on the need for such a document and
   on the general content.  Details has been discussed extensively.
   WGLC was conducted in February 2012.  Raise issues in the LC
   Phase were discussed and fixed.

Document Quality

   This BCP for IPFIX IE doctors summarizes experiences gained in
   several years of dealing with new proposals for IEs.

Personnel

   By default, Benoit Claise would be the responsible area director.
   But since Benoit Claise is co-author of the draft, the responsible
   area director is Ron Bonica.
   Document shepherd is Juergen Quittek.