Subject: [IPFIX] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-09.txt> (Information Model for IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 08:02:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Flow Information Export WG
(ipfix) to consider the following document:
- 'Information Model for IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX)'
  <draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-09.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document provides an overview of the information model for the IP
Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) protocol, as defined in the IANA IPFIX
Information Element Registry. It is used by the IPFIX Protocol for
encoding measured traffic information and information related to the
traffic Observation Point, the traffic Metering Process, and the
Exporting Process. Although developed for the IPFIX Protocol, the model
is defined in an open way that easily allows using it in other
protocols, interfaces, and applications. This document obsoletes RFC
5102.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.