Subject: [IPFIX] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 13:27:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Specification of the IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of Flow Information
	Author(s)       : Benoit Claise
                          Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2013-01-07

Abstract:
   This document specifies the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
   protocol that serves for transmitting Traffic Flow information over
   the network.  In order to transmit Traffic Flow information from an
   Exporting Process to an information Collecting Process, a common
   representation of flow data and a standard means of communicating
   them is required.  This document describes how the IPFIX Data and
   Template Records are carried over a number of transport protocols
   from an IPFIX Exporting Process to an IPFIX Collecting Process.  This
   document obsoletes RFC 5101.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 22:42:57 +0100

Greetings, all,

This revision should address the last of the WGLC comments; thanks to all who reviewed for your excellent feedback! It is ready for write-up and AD review.

Best regards,

Brian

On Jan 7, 2013, at 10:27 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> IPFIX mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:44:27 +1300

Hi Brian:

Happy new year!  Thanks for all the work you've put into 5101bis.

I see Ben Laurie's security review of 5102bis, pointing out that
IPFIX "doesn't say anything about authenticating a requester, nor
about access control."  That made me wonder whether 5102bis should
do so; what do you think?

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 00:08:49 +0100

Hi, Nevil,

I don't think 5102bis should discuss protocol-level security considerations at all -- these are for 5101bis. I'm still reviewing Ben's comments (which do indeed seem to apply to 5101bis), and will copy the ipfix list on my comments/questions thereon, probably tomorrow (well, later today, technically, CET).

Cheers,

Brian