Subject: [IPFIX] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-06.txt> (Specification of the IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of Flow Information) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:36:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Flow Information Export WG
(ipfix) to consider the following document:
- 'Specification of the IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) Protocol for
   the Exchange of Flow Information'
  <draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
   protocol that serves for transmitting Traffic Flow information over
   the network. In order to transmit Traffic Flow information from an
   Exporting Process to a Collecting Process, a common representation of
   flow data and a standard means of communicating them is required.
   This document describes how the IPFIX Data and Template Records are
   carried over a number of transport protocols from an IPFIX Exporting
   Process to an IPFIX Collecting Process. This document obsoletes RFC
   5101.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1927/