Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Flow Selection Techniques' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:10:49 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Flow Selection Techniques'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech/

Technical Summary

    Flow selection is the process of selecting a subset of flows from all
    observed flows.  The Flow Selection Process may be located at an
    observation point, or on an IPFIX Mediator.  Flow selection reduces
    the effort of post-processing flow data and transferring Flow
    Records.  This document describes motivations for flow selection and
    presents flow selection techniques.  It provides an information model
    for configuring flow selection techniques and discusses what
    information about a flow selection process should be exported.

Working Group Summary

    This document has been extensively reviewed by the WG, and has
    had two WGLCs.  I believe that all the issues raised have been
    resolved; we now have clear WG consensus.

Document Quality

    I'm not aware of any implementations of IPFIX flow selection.
    Brian Trammell provided reviews that were particularly useful
    to the draft's authors.

Personnel

  Shepherd: Nevil Brownlee
  AD: Benoit Claise
  IANA Expert:  Nevil Brownlee / Juergen Quittek