Subject: [IPFIX] Textual Representation of IPFIX Abstract Data Types (draft-trammell-ipfix-text-adt) as a WG document.

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:56:18 +0100

Dear all,

The draft-trammell-ipfix-tcpcontrolbits-revision-05 went through the 
IESG, and was approved.
However, there were some IESG questions/push backs related to the AD 
sponsoring of this draft while the WG was still open.
At the time of taking that decision, I was evaluating the process of 
rechartering versus the estimated time for finishing up the last 
chartered item.

Anyway, we now have a similar case with the Textual Representation of 
IPFIX Abstract Data Types (draft-trammell-ipfix-text-adt).
Granted, the procedure would be cleaner if this draft would be run 
through the IPFIX WG, specifically because draft-trammell-ipfix-text-adt 
can be considered IPFIX core (as opposed to 
draft-trammell-ipfix-tcpcontrolbits-revision that is information 
elements related).
This draft "could" fit in the existing charter, under point 2. So no 
rechartering would be necessary.

In discussion with the IPFIX chairs, we propose to adopt 
draft-trammell-ipfix-text-adt as a WG document right now, and to start 
the WGLC.

Regards, Benoit (OPS AD)