Subject: [IPP] RE: One *more* fix for JPS2 [v37 posted for IPP WG telecon, Monday, Nov 8]

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 23:47:20 -0800

I've posted v37 for IPP WG telecon, Monday, Nov 8.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-20101107-change-track
ed-v37.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-20101107-change-track
ed-v37.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-20101107-clean-v37.do
c

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-20101107-clean-v37.pd
f

Tom

  _____  

From: Ira McDonald [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 17:50
To: Tom Hastings; Michael R Sweet; Ira McDonald
Subject: One *more* fix for JPS2

Hi,

Bill Wagner pointed out *another* conformance bug at today's
Steering Committee review of JPS2 vote and updates - oops.

We need a v37 *with* change redlines from September version
plus a summary and explanation of all corrections done since
the September vote version.

Plus the following from Bill today:

Section 12.5 - proof-print should say REQUIRED (like it already
*does* in 12.1 conformance and 7.11 definition.

Please change the titles of 12.4 and 12.5 to put OPTIONAL and
REQUIRED (respectively) into the titles as well as the text. And
forward reference from the bullet for "proof-print" in 12.1 to
12.5.

Replace current text of 12.5 to read:

Conforming Printers and clients MUST support the REQUIRED
"proof-print" Job Template attribute.

In sections 12.5.1 and 12.5.2, delete the redline replacements
and restore the original:

Conforming [clients/Printers]

Please post both clean and redlined versions ASAP (before
next Monday's IPP WG meeting if at all possible).

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
 <http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto:[email-masked]
Christmas through April:
579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176
734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
906-494-2434

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 12:35:11 -0800

I've posted the summary of changes since the September vote version at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/JPS2-Summary-of-changes-since
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/JPS2-Summary-of-changes-since Sept vote
version.doc>  Sept vote version.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/JPS2-Summary-of-changes-since
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/JPS2-Summary-of-changes-since Sept vote
version.pdf>  Sept vote version.pdf

and pasted them below for the IPP WG telecon today:

This document summarizes the changes of the JPS2 spec since its PWG Final
vote version in September 27, 2010, i.e., changes introduced into v35, v36,
and v37.

It is worth noting that all of the changes are to make it clearer whether an
attribute or an operation is REQUIRED or OPTIONAL in:

Section 4 Semantics common to more than one attribute

Section 5 New Operations where the operations are defined and 

Section 7 Job Template attribute where the Job Template attribute are
defined 

to agree with:

the REQUIRED/OPTIONAL specified  in Section 1 Table 1 - Summary of
attributes defined and Table 2 - Summary of operations defined or referenced
and 

the REQUIRED items listed in Section 12 Conformance Requirements.

In other words, no substantive conformance was actually changed.

1.	Section 4.3 and 4.4: Add OPTIONAL to the title and body
2.	Section 5: Added REQUIRED to the title and to each of the four
subsection bodies to make it clear when reading section 5 that each of the
new operations are REQUIRED for conformance 
3.	Section 7.9 Added OPTIONAL in front of "job-save-disposition"
4.	Section 7.11 proof-print (collection): Add "REQUIRED Job Template
attribute" to the title of the section and in the body.
5.	Section 12.1 Conformance Requirements for this specification: Add a
forward reference for item 8 "proof-print" to Section 12.5 Conformance
Requirements for the REQUIRED "proof-print" Job Template attribute.
6.	Section 12.4 Conformance Requirements for the OPTIONAL
"job-save-disposition" Job Template attribute:  Added OPTIONAL to the title
and clarified that "job-save-disposition" is OPTIONAL to support, but the
items in section 12.4 apply, IF "job-save-disposition" is supported.
7.	Section 12.5 Conformance Requirements for the REQUIRED "proof-print"
Job Template attribute:  Added REQUIRED to the title and clarified
conforming clients and Printers MUST support the "proof-print" Job Template
attribute.

  _____  

From: Tom Hastings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 23:47
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Ira McDonald'; 'Tom Hastings'; 'Michael R Sweet'
Subject: RE: One *more* fix for JPS2 [v37 posted for IPP WG telecon, Monday,
Nov 8]

Tom

  _____  

Hi,

Cheers,
- Ira

---

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:40:00 -0800

I've posted v38 as a result of the IPP WG telecon, along with the list of
changes since the September vote version at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v38-20101108-change-t
racked.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v38-20101108-change-t
racked.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v38-20101108-clean.do
c

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v38-20101108-clean.pd
f

Tom

  _____  

From: Tom Hastings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 12:35
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: 'Ira McDonald'; 'Michael R Sweet'
Subject: RE: One *more* fix for JPS2 [v37 posted for IPP WG telecon, Monday,
Nov 8]

 

to agree with:

 

  _____  

Tom

  _____  

Hi,

Cheers,
- Ira