Subject: [IPP] Updated Interim draft of IPP Finishings 2.2 posted

From: "Kennedy, Smith \(Wireless & IPP Standards\) via ipp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 19:11:03 +0000

Greetings,

I have posted a new Interim draft of IPP Finishings 2.2:

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108.docx>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108.pdf>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108-rev.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108-rev.docx>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108-rev.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108-rev.pdf>

Changes in this revision:

Clarified "Note 1" for the table listing the keys for "printer-finisher" and "printer- finisher-supplies"
Created a new Printer Status Attributes section to match similar editorial changes in EPX and NODRIVER, and added tables to the start of sections to list the conformance requirements
Updated the conformance requirements
Rewrote the sections for "printer-finisher", "printer-finisher-description", "printer- finisher-supplies", and "printer-finisher-supplies-description" with Mike Sweet and Steven Young
Fixed passive voice and modernized the editorial style in the "xxx-supported" definitions in section 6.
Fixed section 5.1.4 to discuss FIN 2.1, and added an informative reference to FIN 2.1 Changed all references to RFC 8011 to instead reference STD92
Removed unused reference to RFC 20
Not sure if we will get to this at the next IPP WG meeting or will push it out to the F2F. Please take a look if you have a chance.

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    HP Inc.
*/

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp