Subject: [IPP] IPP WG Agenda 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern (28 January 2021)

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:06:24 -0500

Hi,

Our next regular IPP WG call will be on Thursday at 12:00-13:30pm US
Pacific /
3:00-4:30pm US Eastern.

NOTE: Please USE the *NEW* WebEx meeting below!

-------------------------------------------------------
Meeting information
-------------------------------------------------------
PWG Chair is inviting you to a scheduled Webex meeting.

Occurs every Thursday effective Thursday, January 14, 2021 from
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM, (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
1 hr 30 mins

Join meeting
<https://printerworkinggroup.my.webex.com/printerworkinggroup.my/j.php?MTID=m1ec63e3f9ccef2d69934882f93b83b3c>

*More ways to join:*

*Join from the meeting link*
https://printerworkinggroup.my.webex.com/printerworkinggroup.my/j.php?MTID=m1ec63e3f9ccef2d69934882f93b83b3c

*Join by meeting number*
Meeting number (access code): 126 908 4132
Meeting password: 6Zc7eJPWdQ8 (69273579 from phones and video systems)

*Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)*
+1-415-655-0001,,1269084132#69273579#
<%2B1-415-655-0001,,*01*1269084132%2369273579%23*01*> US Toll
Some mobile devices may ask attendees to enter a numeric meeting password.

*Join by phone*
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Global call-in numbers
<https://printerworkinggroup.my.webex.com/printerworkinggroup.my/globalcallin.php?MTID=m706cf95ad2262c1bb03cd4b84278830d>

*Join by video system, application or Skype for business*
Dial [email-masked]
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com

-------------------------------------------------------

Agenda:

(1) PWG IP Policy, Minute Taker, Roll Call, and Agenda Review

- Volunteer as minute taker?

-- Status of all IPP documents in progress is up-to-date below

(2) Approve IPP minutes from previous meetings

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-concall-minutes-20210114.pdf

-- IPP WG regular call on 01/14/21

(3) Status/Review of various IPP mailing list notes
- none

(4) Status of AMSC and ISO liaisons w/ PWG (Paul)

- http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/sc/pwg-sc-call-minutes-20201214.htm
- http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/sc/pwg-sc-call-minutes-20210111.htm

- http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/sc/pwg-sc-call-minutes-20210125.htm

-- see PWG Steering Committee minutes from 12/14/20, 01/11/21, 01/25/21

(5) Status of PWG and IPP WG Formal Approvals and Last Calls (All)

* Job Accounting for IPP v1.0 (Mike)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippaccounting10-20201120.pdf

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/lcrc-ippaccounting10.txt

-- Stable draft - for a Best Practice

-- PWG Formal Vote started 01/06/21 ends 02/05/21
-- Quorum achieved on 22 January 2021 – 7 yes – 0 no – 0 abstain
-- PWG SC tentatively approved Formal Vote process 25 January 2021
-- Wait for completion of PWG Formal Vote on 5 February 2021

-- Schedule - PWG Best Practice in Q1 2021

* IPP WG Charter (Ira)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp-charter-20210125-rev.pdf

-- Stable draft - for new work items

-- IPP WG Last Call started 01/06/21 ended 01/22/21
-- IPP WG to approve today and start PWG Call for Objections

-- Schedule - IPP WG and PWG approval in Q1 2021

(6) Review of IPP Finishings v2.2 (Smith)

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020833.html

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108-rev.pdf

-- Interim draft - for Errata update
-- IPP WG review 14 January 2021 – stopped at section 6.3

-- Schedule - PWG Call for Objections Q1 2021

(7) Status of recent IPP Wiki Pages (Mike)

-
https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample/wiki/IPP-Everywhere-Value-Proposition-Discussion-Points

-- IPP Everywhere Value Proposition Discussion Points

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F on 18 August 2020
- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020773.html

-- Wiki page started for errata discussions

-- Added on 20 November 2020

(8) Status of various IPP documents (All)

* IPP Production Printing Ext v2.0 (Mike)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippppx20-20201029-rev.pdf

-- Prototype draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG review at PWG Virtual F2F on 3 November 2020

-- Just waiting on prototyping in ippsample

-- Schedule - Stable draft in Q1 2021

* IPP Enterprise Printing Ext v2.0 (Smith)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029-rev.pdf

-- Interim draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG review at PWG Virtual F2F on 4 November 2020

-- stopped at end of section 6

-- Schedule - Prototype draft in Q1 2021

* IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 (Smith)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029-rev.pdf

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020760.html

-- "client-info-col" proposal

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020761.html

-- print quality presets and processing attributes

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020777.html

-- RFC: Add "printer-serial-number (text(255))" to NODRIVER

-- Interim draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG review at PWG Virtual F2F on 4 November 2020

-- stopped at end of section 4.4

-- Schedule - Prototype draft in Q2 2021

* IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 (Mike/Smith)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipptrustnoone10-20200218-rev.pdf

-- Prototype draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F on 3 November 2020

-- Schedule - Prototyping and Stable draft in Q3 2021

* IPP 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 Update (Mike/Ira)

- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample/wiki/Planned-PWG-Errata-Updates

-- Major update - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F on 3 November 2020

-- Schedule - Initial draft in Q3 2021

* IPP Everywhere v2.0 (Mike)

- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample/wiki/Planned-PWG-Errata-Updates

-- Major update - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F on 3 November 2020

-- Schedule – TBD

(9) Open Printing update (Ira)

- https://openprinting.github.io

- https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc

- https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs

- https://communitybridge.org/

- https://openprinting.github.io/OpenPrinting-News-December-2020/

- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/releases/tag/v2.3.3op1

- https://github.com/michaelrsweet/pappl/releases/tag/v1.0.0

- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/releases/tag/1.28.7

- CUPS OpenPrinting v2.3.3op1 - released on 27 November 2020

-- First release in CUPS OP fork (until Apple resumes support for CUPS).

-- Already made it into Debian unstable and will soon get merged into
Ubuntu Hirsute Hippo (21.04).
-- Also, the CUPS Snap is updated to this version of CUPS OP.

- PAPPL v1.0.0 - released on 12/11/20

-- First stable release of PAPPL is now available for download.

-- PAPPL is a simple C-based framework/library for developing CUPS Printer
Applications, which are the recommended

replacement for traditional printer drivers.

- CUPS Filters v1.28.7 - released on 01/07/21

-- Bug fix release.

- OP GSoC 2021 - planning - in progress

-- Currently looking for project ideas for this year’s GSoC.

-- Student projects will only be half the hours.

- OP GSoD (Google Season of Docs) 2020 - completed on 12/05/20

-- 1 student made excellent progress on Printer Applications documentation.

- LFMP (Linux Foundation Mentorship Program) - completed in December 2020

-- IPP Scan - 2 students made good progress - completeness is TBD.

-- IPP FaxOut - 2 students dropped out in October and November 2020.

- OP Steering Committee

-- OP monthly calls 11/10/20, 12/08/20, 01/12/21, and upcoming 02/02/21

(10) Next IPP Meetings

- IPP WG Tiger Team off-cycle calls
-- TBD – IDS WG time slot (alternate Thursdays) is not available

- IPP WG sessions on Tue/Wed/Thu 9-11 February 2021 at PWG Virtual F2F

-- review IPP specs

- IPP WG call on Thu 25 February 2021 at 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern

-- regular call

- IPP WG call on Thu 11 March 2021 at 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern

-- regular call

Cheers,

- Ira

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
906-494-2434*
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp