Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [Secdispatch] Requesting agenda time for draft-rsalz-use-san

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 13:18:45 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Salz, Rich <rsalz=[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:44 AM
Subject: [Secdispatch] Requesting agenda time for draft-rsalz-use-san
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

I would like to present
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rsalz-use-san/

This updates RFC 6125 to remove commonName as a way to identify the server;
just use subjectAltName.  It also limits where the "*" can go in wildcard
certificates. This is a simplification of widely implemented existing
practice. It may even be de facto what's mostly done. Perhaps the wildcard
limitation is controversial and I'd be willing to remove it.

6125 was AD-sponsored. I think this could also be, or perhaps it could go
to UTA. I would not present any slides, and think 10-15 minutes would be
enough time.

_______________________________________________
Secdispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdispatch
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp