Subject: [IPP] IPP WG Agenda 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern (25 February 2021)

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 13:42:07 -0500

Hi,

Our next regular IPP WG call will be on Thursday at 12:00-13:30pm US
Pacific /
3:00-4:30pm US Eastern.

NOTE: Please USE the *NEW* WebEx meeting below!

-------------------------------------------------------
Meeting information
-------------------------------------------------------
PWG Chair is inviting you to a scheduled Webex meeting.

Occurs every Thursday effective Thursday, January 14, 2021 from
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM, (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
1 hr 30 mins

Join meeting
<https://printerworkinggroup.my.webex.com/printerworkinggroup.my/j.php?MTID=m1ec63e3f9ccef2d69934882f93b83b3c>

*More ways to join:*

*Join from the meeting link*
https://printerworkinggroup.my.webex.com/printerworkinggroup.my/j.php?MTID=m1ec63e3f9ccef2d69934882f93b83b3c

*Join by meeting number*
Meeting number (access code): 126 908 4132
Meeting password: 6Zc7eJPWdQ8 (69273579 from phones and video systems)

*Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)*
+1-415-655-0001,,1269084132#69273579#
<%2B1-415-655-0001,,*01*1269084132%2369273579%23*01*> US Toll
Some mobile devices may ask attendees to enter a numeric meeting password.

*Join by phone*
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Global call-in numbers
<https://printerworkinggroup.my.webex.com/printerworkinggroup.my/globalcallin.php?MTID=m706cf95ad2262c1bb03cd4b84278830d>

*Join by video system, application or Skype for business*
Dial [email-masked]
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com

-------------------------------------------------------

Agenda:

(1) PWG IP Policy, Minute Taker, Roll Call, and Agenda Review

- Volunteer as minute taker?

-- Status of all IPP documents in progress is up-to-date below

(2) Approve IPP minutes from previous meetings

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-concall-minutes-20210128.pdf

-- IPP WG regular call on 01/28/21

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-f2f-minutes-20210209.pdf

-- IPP WG sessions at PWG February F2F on 02/09/21 to 02/11/21

(3) Status/Review of various IPP mailing list notes
- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020850.html

-- Requesting an exception for IPP Everywhere Self-Certification v1.1 for
some as-yet-unannounced models

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020851.html

-- Adding additional IPP Everywhere v1.0 certified products after the v1.0
/ v1.1 transition date

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020855.html

-- [PWG5100.20] Issue #104: Add guidance / policy on registering derivative
products

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020858.html

-- Fwd: [Secdispatch] Requesting agenda time for draft-rsalz-use-san

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020864.html

-- RFC: "printer-service-col (collection)" Printer Description

(4) Status of AMSC and ISO liaisons w/ PWG (Paul)

<http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/sc/pwg-sc-call-minutes-20210111.htm>

- http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/sc/pwg-sc-call-minutes-20210125.htm

- <http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/sc/pwg-sc-call-minutes-20210125.htm>
http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/sc/pwg-sc-call-minutes-20210222.htm

-- see PWG Steering Committee minutes from 01/25/21, 02/22/21

(5) Status of PWG and IPP WG Formal Approvals and Last Calls (All)

* IPP WG Charter (Ira)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp-charter-20210125-rev.pdf

-- Stable draft - for new work items

-- IPP WG Last Call started 01/06/21 ended 01/22/21
-- PWG Call for Objections started 02/01/21 ended 02/26/21

-- One set of comments, but not a formal objection on 02/19/21

-- Schedule - PWG approval in Q1/Q2 2021

(6) Review of IPP Finishings v3.0 (Smith)

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020833.html

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings22-20210108-rev.pdf

-- Interim draft - for Major update
-- IPP WG review 14 January 2021 – stopped at section 6.3

-- Smith to produce a IPP Finishings 3.0 draft with current draft's changes
accepted

-- Review new v3.0 draft to be posted this week

-- Schedule - Prototype draft in Q2 2021

(7) Status of recent IPP Wiki Pages (Mike)

- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample/wiki/IPP
-Everywhere-Value-Proposition-Discussion-Points

-- IPP Everywhere Value Proposition Discussion Points

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F on 18 August 2020
- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020773.html

-- Wiki page started for errata discussions

-- Added on 20 November 2020

(8) Status of various IPP documents (All)

* IPP Production Printing Ext v2.0 (Mike)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippppx20-20201029-rev.pdf

-- Prototype draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG review at PWG Virtual F2F on 3 November 2020

-- Just waiting on prototyping in ippsample

-- Mike to produce another prototype draft of IPP Production Printing
Extensions v2.0

    with recipient attributes from EPX

-- Schedule - Stable draft in Q1 2021

* IPP Enterprise Printing Ext v2.0 (Smith)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029-rev.pdf

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2021/020842.html

-- RFC: printer-storage/-description attributes and printer-state-reasons
values

-- Interim draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG review at PWG Virtual F2F in February 2021

-- stopped at end of section 7.3

-- Schedule - Prototype draft in Q2 2021

* IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 (Smith)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029-rev.pdf

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020760.html

-- "client-info-col" proposal

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020761.html

-- print quality presets and processing attributes

- https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2020/020777.html

-- RFC: Add "printer-serial-number (text(255))" to NODRIVER

-- Interim draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG review at PWG Virtual F2F on 4 November 2020

-- stopped at end of section 4.4

-- Schedule - Prototype draft in Q3 2021

* IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 (Mike/Smith)

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipptrustnoone10-20200218-rev.pdf

-- Prototype draft - for a Candidate Standard

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F in February 2021

-- Schedule - Prototyping and Stable draft in Q3 2021

* Cloud Registration with X.509 Certificates (Cihan/Mike)

-- Registrations or Updates to IPP INFRA and IPP System Service

-- Gathering a list of potential improvements/extensions

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F in February 2021

-- Schedule - Initial draft in Q2 2021

* IPP 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 Update (Mike/Ira)

- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample/wiki/Planned-PWG-Errata-Updates

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippbase23-20210211.pdf

-- Major update - for a PWG Standard

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F in February 2021

-- Schedule - Interim draft in Q2 2021

* IPP Everywhere v2.0 (Mike)

- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample/wiki/Planned-PWG-Errata-Updates

-- Major update - for a Candidate Standard

-- Add TLS/1.2 and/or TLS/1.3, Privacy, Job Accounting as Mandatory

-- Add Feature definitions for "vertical solution" use cases

-- Define a complete IPP Everywhere MFD (add Scan, FaxOut, System services)

-- Define tests to certify standard common features

-- PWG discussion at PWG Virtual F2F in February 2021

-- Schedule – TBD

(9) Open Printing update (Ira)

- https://openprinting.github.io

- https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc

- https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs

- https://communitybridge.org/

- https://openprinting.github.io/OpenPrinting-News-February-2021

- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/releases/tag/v2.3.3op2

- https://github.com/michaelrsweet/pappl/releases/tag/v1.0.1

- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/releases/tag/1.28.7

- CUPS OpenPrinting v2.3.3op2 - released 1 February 2021 (Mike)
-- This release is the latest OpenPrinting CUPS security and bug fix
release.
-- This release already made it into Debian.

- PAPPL v1.0.1 - released on 12 January 2021
-- PAPPL development has continued, approaching 1.0.2, mainly bug fixes
this time.
-- See also the currently open and closed issues of PAPPL.
-- Michael Sweet posted on the PAPPL GitHub what still needs to be done for
IPP Scan support in PAPPL.
-- PAPPL v1.0.1 is in Debian Unstable now and got auto-synced into Ubuntu
Hirsute (upcoming Ubuntu 21.04).

- CUPS Filters v1.28.7 - released on 01/07/21

-- Bug fix release.

- OP GSoC 2021 - planning - in progress

-- 29 January 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied

-- 19 February 2021 - Organization Application Deadline

-- 9 March 2021 - Organizations Announced

-- 29 March 2021 to 13 April 2021

-- 17 May 2021 - Student Projects Announced

-- 7 June 2021 to 16 August 2021 - Coding

-- 31 August 2021 - Results Announced

-- Project ideas have been posted for this year’s GSoC.

-- Student projects will only be half the hours.

- OP GSoD (Google Season of Docs) 2021 - planning - in progress

-- 19 February 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied

-- 26 March 2021 - Organization Application Deadline

-- 16 April 2021 - Google publishes the list of accepted organization

-- 17 May 2021 - Technical writer hiring deadline

-- 16 June 2021 - Organization monthly evaluations to report on the status
of their project

-- 16-30 November 2021 - Final project evaluation and case study

-- 14 December 2021 - Google publishes the GSoD 2021 case studies and
aggregate project data

- LFMP (Linux Foundation Mentorship Program) 2021 - planning - in progress

-- Plan to augment GSoC 2021 projects - perhaps new IPP projects

- OP Steering Committee

-- OP monthly calls 12/08/20, 01/12/21, 02/02/21, and upcoming 03/02/21

(10) Next IPP Meetings

- IPP WG call on Thu 11 March 2021 at 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern

-- regular call

- IPP WG call on Thu 25 March 2021 at 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern

-- regular call

Cheers,

- Ira

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
906-494-2434*
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp