Subject: Traffic sources question

From: "C. Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:18:13 -0600 (MDT)

Hi!
  Could anyone provide some sites on video traffic generator?
  I want to use that as the source of a packet scheduler measurement.

  Another question is that if I want to generate an exponential 
  distributed data flow, how to send two packets with an interval 
  time less than one second? 

  Thanks,
  -Chong

---

From: Senthilkumar Rajasekharan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:44:11 -0400 (EDT)

C.Zhang :

Are you looking for a trace driven VBR traffic generator ?

If so you can generate the traces using the approximation suggested by  
"Fast Approximation of Self-Similar Network Traffic" 
                                   -Vern Paxson

You can get a ps version here ....
http://winext.rutgers.edu/s3/reu/bgreading/bgreading.html

Regards,
-Senthil