Subject: reference implementations?

From: Neale Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:30:44 +1100 (EST)

Greetings,

Does anyone have nay pointers to references implementations for Packet
Loss or Delay metrics in RFCs 2679-2681?

Alternatively, any thoughts on adapting NTP to this task?

Thanks,
Neale.

---

From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:29:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Loss or Delay metrics in RFCs 2679-2681?

AFAIK, there are 2 that are available to the general public:

1. Test-Traffic Measurements from the RIPE-NCC
   http://www.ripe.net/test-traffic
   [email-masked]
  
2. Surveyor from Advanced Network & Services 
   http://www.advanced.org/surveyor

Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: [email-masked]
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.535-4414,  Fax -4445
1016 AB Amsterdam                   Home: +31.20.4195305
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man can take a train and never reach his destination.
                                               (Kerouac, well before RFC2780).

---

From: Tamas Varga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:25:54 +0200

> Loss or Delay metrics in RFCs 2679-2681?

Dear Neale and IPPMers,

you can obtain and use our one-way delay measurement (owdm) tool,
which is available at:
 http://hsnlab.ttt.bme.hu/~varga/tools/owdm.tar

Tamas

-- 
Tamas VARGA - PhD Student                    
  Budapest University of Technology and Economics   phone: +36-1-437-7087
   High Speed Networks Laboratory         http://hsnlab.ttt.bme.hu/~varga
  ERICSSON Hungary, Traffic Lab     mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:11:53 +0200 (CEST)

Tamas and IPPMers,

>  http://hsnlab.ttt.bme.hu/~varga/tools/owdm.tar

Since last week, we're offering our implementation ("test-boxes") as a
regular service available to the entire community.

See http://www.ripe.net/test-traffic, or contact me by private email, for
more details.

Henk