Subject: [ippm] INTIMATE 2003 call for participation

From: Kavé Salamatian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:54:12 +0200

Of interest for the measurement community

			Call for Participation!

                      INTIMATE 2003
		(INternet TraffIc MAtrices Estimation)
                   Paris, France
             http://adonis.lip6.fr/intimate2003/

The INTIMATE (INternet TraffIc MAtrices Estimation) workshop will be be held
in Paris in June 16 and 17th, 2003. INTIMATE Workshop is focused on traffic
matrices estimation techniques.  The idea behind this workshop is to bring
together people working, not just generally in network tomography, but more
specifically on traffic matrices. Because traffic matrices are the input to
most traffic engineering applications, this area is very important to
carriers and ISPs. Recent research has revealed that this problem area is
rich and raises a variety of challenging technical difficulties for
researchers. The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers
to carry on detailed discussions while sharing ideas and problems. This
workshop is by invitation only and will be limited to approximately 50
people in order to keep it small so that much discussion can take place. At
least 2 major tier-1 ISPs (Sprint, AT&T) and one historical European telco
(FT) will participate providing their perspective on applications and needs.
It will be a 2-day workshop with 2 panels and a series of invited talks. We
will cover the following topics:

·	Statistical and non-statistical estimation methods
·	Methods for generating good starting points for estimation
·	Stationary and non-stationary traffic matrices, temporal issues
·	Validation Methods and Problems
·	Modeling Assumptions
·	Scalability Issues for Estimation and Validation
·	Applications
·	Impact of errors in traffic matrix estimation on traffic

We have actually up to 14 invited speakers among the most renown networking
researchers. We target an attendance level of 50 participants.  Registration
is open NOW.  Please make hotel reservations as soon as possible.

					Kavé Salamatian
				Local organiser of  INTIMATE workshop

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Kavé Salamatian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:54:12 +0200

Call for Participation!

                      INTIMATE 2003

					Kavé Salamatian